Vettel / Hamilton War of Words Post Baku Contact Continues

Get a grip with this PC BS.
Old F1 was glorious, no bunny huggers in sight..Senna crashing the sh!t out of Prost, Piquet punching some back marker with his helmet on in Germany after crashing into each other etc, I guess they were disgraceful too, but so much more entertaining.

Sky and those painfully annoying reporters can make a mountain out of a grain of sand.
I would pay double to have croft on his own channel so I can have him on mute for the entire race.
There is a lot of that these days. Smallest details blown up to massive proportions. It's like the whole world became school girls.

Out of the telemetry LH don't brake and do all things right related to the rule book :cautious:
SV just misinterpreted the situation. He won't do the same mistake like on the restart before.
This can happens but the behavior after this should result in DQ for SV.
Everyone who wants a penalty for LH have absolut no idea of this sport and the rules :ninja: and just give a biased comment on this.

“So I kept a consistent pace, a consistent deceleration down to the apex and just didn't speed up… I did that the first time and did that the second time. It was just the second time I got a nudge.

The incident is considered to have been compounded by the unusually long, high-speed run down to the first safety car line around the Baku City Citcuit, forcing drivers to leave a larger gap than usual to the safety car before it peels into the pit lane.

Hamilton was warned by his team on the first safety car restart to be more cautious prior to returning to full speed as he risked catching the safety car before it returned to the pit lane.

Last year's GP2 race was marred by chaotic restarts when Nobuharu Matsushita sped up and slowed down on the run to the line after almost catching the safety car, causing confusing and contact from rivals behind. He was given a one-race ban for the incident.

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/261726/1/the-reason-why-hamilton-wasnt-penalised-for-slowing.html

To the 37% that answered "no", you need a reality check strong enough to pierce through driver preference.

So, for the past I don't know how long, everyone has been whining about how boring F1 has become etc. etc.
We just saw F1 wake up at last.....
No matter who was to blame, the racing is going to be full on from now on for the rest of the year. I bet all of us can't wait for the next one! That's what it's all about.
Whats done is done and tune in for the next chapter after a word from our sponsers...:D

Stop changing your narrative, you said he never braked... well he did.
So because he braked, it's automatically a brake check? Before reaching the corner, Hamilton complained about the safety car being slow. He decelerated while entering the corner and didn't speed up. The safety car was still out. Where was Vettel running to with a car in front of him and the safety car still out?

I think penalty was appropriate, and I think that what he did to Hamilton also was appropriate. Now I like Vettel much more, he was fighting so hard for many seasons now, and now as he does have real chances, Hamilton using dirty tricks. Like come on... talking about "showing bad example for kids", sure... But what kind of example is to suddenly slow down a lot, so the driver who is behind would damage front wing and loose pace later. Who doesn't understand that it is even worse behavior, it is corrupting the race.

Vettel is an idiot. He should have been black flagged at least. If someone is doing this on a GT3 race, or something like this online then the person gets dsq, isn't he/she? This is not how a 4 times wc should react.

Also I'd like to add that, those soap operas are really reducing F1. I wish F1 drivers could speak whatever they like, and not care about political correctness and "examples for kids". Telemundo Presenta, and soulless. I haven't watched F1 for some time, does they still show what F1 drivers talk about and does right after the race ? Which is usually depressing, because they can not actually behave themselves in front of cameras, and it always looks painful.

That poll's not going to work.

People could vote 'inappropriate' either because they believe it was too harsh or not harsh enough and this information will be lost in the results.

This incident was two separate incidents.

General consensus is Vettel made a mistake and accelerated into a slow moving car. That's incident one.

Incident two, Vettel is a bit cross and gives the other car a shove.

Incident one, in isolation, probably 'no action required'.

Incident two, I'm split. It was slow, he knows how to drive a racing car and not damage it, no damage, if there were no spectators, no international audience, no kids watching, let it go.

But outwardly he used a car as a weapon. Right now, especially right now, there are external factors, maybe this cannot be allowed to happen without serious punishment.

In other sports, it's about the action, the interpretation of the action by a global impressionable audience, not necessarily the damage. Zinedine Zidane doesn't hurt anyone in the world cup final, probably didn't intend to hurt anyone in the world cup final, but the action was still there.

I don't know what should happen because I'm not qualified to judge. But using a car as a weapon. I wouldn't be surprised if there are repercussions.

Vettel made a fool of himself, first by bumping into Hamilton at low speed under SC, then with his outburst of rage road.

It is not the first time he cannot control himself. His last year yelling about "f.... Charlie" was not glorious either.

A black flag would have been too harsh imo. At the end of the day, the incident is not that big compared to Prost-Senna crashes. However a loud and clear apology and participation to several FIA actions for road safety are the minimum Vettel should do as a multiple champion.

In the Senna Prost days at least it still looked a bit like a racing incident when they crashed eachother off the circuit. This is a replica of Schumi at Jerez '97. Schumacher didn't get off with a 10 second penalty for that.

Oh and Trump isn't stupid, regardless what the media tries to feed you on that :).

Personally I like fights like that one Ocon-Perez had, or Bottas-Kimmi, even if that results in someone crash (what might be bad for the teams and drivers but for the show and the championship usually is great; when nobody gets hurts). But that's what races are, and sometimes sh*t happens.

But I don't think hitting a car intentionally because you are angry is a valid argument.

BLACK FLAG BLACK FLAG BLACK FLAG:roflmao:

. then what makes it worse SV drives along LH waving and pointing like a gorilla not relising that he lost control of the car and nudges LH..
Wrong..If you watch it closley SV raises his right arm,then his left arm comes up so now both are in the air,THEN both his arms go back on the wheel, as he draws to the side of LH you can see him turning the wheel into LV his left arm goes into the air with his right arm on the wheel,deliberate and stupid..Dont no if its me but SV seems to be getting worse not better.

Stop changing your narrative, you s
aid he never braked... well he did.

It seems like you have a problem with the person (me) first and foremost. Noted. :)

I never said he didn't brake. If you actually took the time to read my whole post, you probably would've noticed that's one big quote from crash.net. And if you crash into the car in front of you on the road, guess who's fault it always is? Do you pass him and crash into his side too? Good to know.

Oh, and case closed:

The FIA investigation, which took place during the course of the race, threw up no suggestion that Hamilton had braked nor lifted off entirely. Furthermore, analysis of how Hamilton had behaved in the first safety car restart, and the one after the incident, showed that the British driver had behaved exactly the same at that point of the track as he prepared to get back up to racing speed.

For with a long run up between the following Turn 16 and the safety car line, he had to back off to ensure that he did not break the rules by overtaking the safety car before he was allowed. Vettel remains adamant, however, that Hamilton did not behave in the right way and that he was brake tested.

"Well we know the leader dictates the pace but we were exiting the corner," said Vettel. "He was accelerating then he braked so much that I was braking as soon as I saw, but I couldn't stop in time and ran into the back of him. I just think that wasn't necessary."

Vettel was later handed a 10-second stop-go penalty for having driven in a 'potentially dangerous' manner when he banged wheels with Hamilton as he vented his anger at his world championship rival. Again, Vettel's perception of what happened was in contrast to the FIA, whose analysis of footage showed that the German had turned into the Mercedes car.

The stewards explained: "The Stewards examined video evidence which showed that car 5 drove alongside and then steered into car 44. The Stewards decide this manoeuvre was deemed potentially dangerous." Speaking about that moment, Vettel said: "I drove alongside, then we had a little contact but I drove alongside mostly to raise my hand. I didn't give him a finger or anything, I just wanted to tell because I can't literally talk to him that that was not right."

Race ban danger
Vettel was also given three penalty points for the incident with Hamilton, which means he now has a total of nine for the past 12 months. He is now just three points away from a race ban under F1's totting up protocol, thanks to three other offences he committed in 2016. However, the two penalty points he got at last year's British Grand Prix, for running Felipe Massa off the track, will be wiped away if he does nothing wrong in the next race.

With them due to expire on the Monday after the Austrian Grand Prix, Vettel will need to ensure he does not get any more penalty points at the Red Bull Ring.

Vettel's penalty points tally comes from:

2016 British Grand Prix – running Felipe Massa off track (2 points)
2016 Malaysian Grand Prix – causing first corner incident with Nico Rosberg (2 points)
2016 Mexican Grand Prix – moving under braking (2 points)
2017 Azerbaijan Grand Prix – potentially dangerous move on Lewis Hamilton (3 points)

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-hamilton-vettel-baku-brake-testing-923425/

PS:

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 272 27.4%