Vettel / Ferrari Escape Further Punishment from Baku Incident

Calling what happened an incident is like classifying bumping someone's shoulder as battery. People are getting too soft these days.

Jesus Christ, what a perfect example to illustrate my point.
I'm not out to offend anyone, Especially on RaceDepartment... I have used the term "Nazi" before elsewhere and a user went off on one calling me for everything. So naturally using this word I was slightly reserved and issued a small note.

Last edited:
More than satisfied with that conference, business as usual. Really puts into perspective our need for drama where really there isn't any. Really nice to see cool head prevailed, telemetry was studied and findings correctly interpreted by the at fault party.

Well done chaps.

Just saying:
  • Rugby is a real contact sport
  • You break a rule or you are perceived to have done so, the ref gives you a penalty there and then
  • If he is not sure it is refers to:
    1. The assistant refs ( touch line refs)
    2. The TMO (TV Match Official) for replays
  • Depending on the severity, the offender is given a penalty or a yellow card (penalty and sent to the cooler for 10 min) or a red card ( penalty and sent to off the field altogether)
  • After the match the officials will review all the match rule breaking instances to find any more rule breakers and then make a decision to further punish all offenders.
  • If deemed severe offenders are banned for a number of matches, this depends on the severity and if the offenders ore repeat offenders.
This seems to work quite well.

Interesting chart from the BBC...
478f8c4302944b88247b22121bd8d10e.png

I guess they don't constitute Hamilton forcing Rosberg off the track a couple of times "Aggressive driving"

Oh and the Media is at it again... Lewis had already shaken Vettel's hand.. Why should he have to a second time... already two articles on news sites dedicated to this... Modern day journalism/media is pathetic. I'm glad we have RaceDepartment, A place that provides amazing coverage of a lot racing series, Top class articles and a member community full of insightful and educated people.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back