• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Very stressful, just started sim racing and having huge problems please may someone help

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by racingenthusiast, Mar 17, 2017.

1. racingenthusiast

racingenthusiast

Ratings:
    +5
    Hi I spent 500 euros and nothing is working for me.

I brought the CSL elite bundle, and a GT Omega racing stand. The pedals do not hard mount to the stand because the drilled holes do not align with the holes in the pedal.
    Second issue when I plug the csl elite wheel in it says its downloading devices but it just freezes and nothing downloads....
    Therefore I downloaded the drivers manually however when I switch on my wheel it does the usual thing where it spins around and sets up itself but when it stops spinning the wheel is not centred, it like 20 degrees to the left

Does anyone know how I can fix the centring issue for the wheel please googled it for hours and cant find a solution.

In addition does anyone know a wheel stand that is compatible with my csl elite wheel and pedals please?

I spent so much money and feeling depressed would be great if someone could help me, ty.

2. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Senior HistorX Driver Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +6,409
    I had to drill the omega base plate to allow my Fanatec v2 to fit..
    not easy if you don't own a drill, :( maybe a hire shop or a friend has one you can borrow, just buy a couple of drill bits a small one for a pilot hole 4mm then one the correct size, 8.5mm
    https://www.fanatec.com/download/CSL-EP-DrillingTemplate.pdf

As for the wheel, i think you have to have it all plugged in to the pc before you install drivers etc, unlike the thrustmaster which is the opposite..

Sorry i cant be more help.

3. racingenthusiast

racingenthusiast

Ratings:
    +5
    those drilling instructions make no sense to me :/ what does it all mean haha

• Wow Wow x 1
  4. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Senior HistorX Driver Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +6,409
    by drilling all 18 holes you can adjust the pedals distances to each other and still be able to bolt all 3 pedals down and the base.

5. Mick Aspinall

Mick Aspinall
    Premium

Ratings:
    +61