Very strange problem

I started GSCE today and it suddenly was running at 15 fps. At tuesday it was working just fine. In the meanwhile I had not done any system or hardware changes.

Removed the whole game folder and downloaded it again from Steam. Unplugged all controllers. Deleted any nvidia profiles. Uninstalled any unnecessary programs. It was running the same way, without any mods and brand new driver profile: 16 fps. Reduced every detail to minimum: 18 fps. Tried running windowed, disabling steam overlay, disabling mirrors and gui elements, changing d3d9.ini with a sweetfx one, reinstalling directx 9 from the support directory, no result. MSI afterburner showed gpu usage of 10 percent, cpu usage of 18 percent...

Went back to the other install and noticed that it was running in low fps only when I was in car... replays and menus tho were running as smooth as before, even quick replays, no matter if form cockpit or outside cameras. When I tried to drive tho, even from swingman view: 18 fps again.

Every other game works as good as before. I got no idea what the problem is and what I'm supposed to do... reinstalling windows is not something I want to do right now. I could't find out how to disable the track map, I guess this could help...

System: GTX 550ti 1gb, Windows 10, pentium core2quad q8200 cpu, 4 cores, 2,33 ghz, 4 gb ddr2 ram at 800mhz.

@s2173 hey mate wich trackmap plugin you deleted?

The one in steamapps/common/Stock Car Extreme/Plugins named trackmapplugin.dll .

i recently added american truck simulator, could it be causing the conflict

No, I don't have ATS. I do have ETS, but thats form long time.
I suspect we have installed (with some other program or game) some update to vcredist/dot net/directx that is messing with the SCE plugins...

Found a fix that worked for me on steam forums courtesy of user daboss302:

in your plr file directory Userdata
Delay Video Swap="1" // Whether to delay video swap if card is busy - this should only be used if framerate clearly improves - otherwise it is only delaying response time

Just changed from 0 to 1 and I'm back up to >100fps again. Hope this helps.

For the Video Delay option it says "Whether to delay video swap if card is busy - this should only be used if framerate clearly improves - otherwise it is only delaying response time"
Don't know if i like how that sounds :)

But will test it when i come home.

For those like me who have a keyboard without a NumPAD, here is how you can turn off the track map, WITHOUT using the Delay Video Swap function:

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/cant-show-map-overlay-gsc-2013.76320/

this should also get the map to show
look in this file open with notepad
H:\GSC2013\Plugins\TrackMap\TrackMapConf

GENERAL]

TeamMembers = Fazerbox

UseSharedMemory = 1

//ModeMap = [ OFF | FIX | ROTATION ]
ModeMap =ROTATION (type in here on of the above)

// pixels:meters. Default 100:200, 100 Pixels = 200 Meters
ZOOM =100:200

//SkipTrackPoints . Default: 5 ( 0 = No SKIP)
SkipTrackPoints = 3

//Names [ 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 ] 0=NO ; 1=Name; 2=Number; 3 = Number+Name

then save and the map should appear in game.

But this is the normal way as said above by Davy you have to press the 0 on the key pad not on the keyboard

View attachment 50736

make sure the key pad is enabled with the num lock on the keypad.

if this does not work im sorry i cant help more

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back