Version Mismatch

Anyone getting this.

Untitled.jpg

Done what it says, still nothing.
Also found AC had been uninstalled from steam, had to re install it.
All started when I launched a session, screen went blank and PC restarted it self whilst doing a windows update.

I just had that happen too. I backed up important stuff from my Documents folder (replays, setups, etc.), clicked OK, after that everything was fine and AC loaded right up. Mine was not uninstalled though, it still had all my mods and apps loaded but I had to redo all my graphics and wheel settings.

Yep, it was basically back to a clean install other than having my mods installed. I'm glad someone else experienced, I kinda freaked out when I first saw that warning and I can't recall ever seeing that particular warning being discussed anywhere (not that I saw anyway).

I have been getting the same message during the last year, approx. every 2-3 months. I haven't pinpointed why, but it seems that when certain new updates get executed to Win10 OS....and after that when I execute AC (or Content Manager) I get that message. From what I can see, Steam thinks AC is on my C:\Drive, when in fact it's always been my E:\ Drive......so Steam thinks it's gone and has to be installed. I end up having to backup, then delete the folder, then manually re-enter all my graphics and wheel settings.

This is a necro to guide people who have the same problem and land here.
I encountered the same problem, I triggered it somehow by messing with my wheel and changing settings on the wheel itself.

Solution: you have to delete just ONE file to make Asetto start again:
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\launcher.ini
For some odd reason some of my video settings are gone but the rest is still there. Do this to keep setups replays ghost telemetry wheel settings etc

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing