1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Ventrillo / teamspeak or similar

Discussion in 'ARCA Sim Racing' started by Jeff Johnstone, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Hi, last question I think.

Do we use something like this? I can't find any references to it.

Thanks
    Jeff

2. TeamSpeak is used for all RD racing. It's optional, but encouraged. Our TeamSpeak server can be found on the front page. :)

3. Ah yes, I looked all over the forums which I have bookmarked but never though of there. Oops

Is there a Password? I'm at work and can't try

Jeff

4. You can find the TS password in the member area of the forums.

5. My personal view is that TeamSpeak or Ventrillo should be mandatory. Especially in events where manual formation laps need sorting out, it's easier for the pace to be controlled if you ask me, allowing for better bunching of the field.

Yes, I know that English is not the primary language of all RD members but surely a grasp of the basics would be enough to allow information to be better conveyed rather than in-game text chat which is often missed or ignored.

6. Ah yes, found it in there.

Thanks
    Jeff

7. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Not everybody has a microphone Ric :) And besides I hardly use it during league races as i find it mega annoying when people talk while i am concentrating.
    It would be nice if everybody could get on TS ofcourse, but making it mandatory will scare people off i think.

8. Aye, I know what you mean. Even some people's shyness can keep people from getting on TS. But for organisational matters it is far better than text chat and it's not beyond the impossible to apply rules to as and when people can talk. Obviously I am not suggesting you make it mandatory, just expressing my opinion and preference.

9. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Oh yes for instructions TS is the best. Can still remember the good old days with the friendly development series.

talking about comms, did any of you ever tried ventrillo? is it better/easier/different than teamspeak?

10. I know people who use it (WoWsers mainly) and it is better quality then Ts and allows for tabbed connections which sounds useful but the fact you have to pay for servers is a down point. We're lucky (in the HCC) in that we have a friendly Swede with way too much bandwidth and a server provided for us using TS, I don't think you can set up servers like that with Ventrillo.