Veloce GTS-8: Martini 6

Skins Veloce GTS-8: Martini 6 1.04

Login or Register an account to download this content
AlleyViper submitted a new resource:

Veloce GTS-8: Martini 6 - Veloce GTS-8 racing livery

In here you can find a racing livery for the beautiful Veloce GTS-8:
View attachment 133027
View attachment 133034 View attachment 133032 View attachment 133031 View attachment 133033
Features an early 70's Martini themed #6 livery, white tyre markings, customized interior and rim colors; 2K only. I hope you enjoy!

Acknowledgments: Credits are due to smallblockhero for the skin_00 template, x4fab for...

Read more about this resource...

Absolutely superb, an action shot for appreciation.....
20160429164759_1.jpg

Thanks for your appreciation! Right now I'm trying to redo the front arrow ending print as I'm not really satisfied with it as it stands (Henry Clay lettering and stripe parts).

Because this skin has some details inspired in some particular 911s, I believe these details might not be to everyone's liking. The rims paint that tries to emulate 2.8 RSR's rims (link) when seen from the side (hence the ending black border), and most specially the front "arrow ending" that this example and some Martini Prototypes of the era had in assorted shapes (or this modern interpretation, too). I opted for something more discrete because of this car's front flow, and how it'd be almost impossible to make it work over the hoods louvers (due to texture distortion and mostly my inexperience). This is how it's looking ATM:
new_arrow.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, glad you enjoyed! The AcToolsShowroom is listed in credits for another purpose, I use it for "live" previewing while editing psd skin files. You can make kunos style previews in two simple ways, the easier is to use x4fab's AcTools Car Manager (link) (also, check his console version that sets the right settings automatically link), or ksPreviewBuilder in your assetto's sdk folder (read instructions in it's GUI, because you'll also need to copy showroom_start.ini do documents\assetoo corsa\cfg).
In the same sdk folder is also the black room (previews folder) that you'll need to copy to \assettocorsa\content\showroom\.

Ensure that you set max details on the game prior to generating previews, else, use the x4fab's console version, or make a custom \documents\asseto corsa\cfg\video.ini before using AcTools CM, or rename it as preview_video.ini so that ksPreviewBuilder uses it (you can try this one I've uploaded that generates a 4k res 8AA file with max settings to be downscaled, so rename it to video.ini or preview_video.ini depending on what program you'll use link). For the correct PP filter, AcTools CM automatically sets it, while under KsPreviewBuilder you must copy it to the instructed folder, and then call it in the last line of your preview_video.ini file with FILTER=S1-Showroom.

Last edited:
@Raymond Racing Thanks for your review. With all respect, don't think you got the point of those colors, for as much as my execution might be poor. It's not "BrawnGP-Yellow" in reference to something contemporary or any arbitrary personal choice, it's due to the accents Porsche originally used in the 70's, alternately in bright red-orange or bright glow-yellow to distinguish in between cars. Being the original #6 skin an homage to 908 spyders and their arrow in the front, and more directly 917s and 3L proto 911 RSRs (bearing the arrow too) in martini grey+orange front accent or complete bumper, so, that was the obvious choice for a sister car. (the side stripes were more of a vette C5R martini, but let's not mention it)

ZSpa7106.jpgPorsche-917K-front-3-4-highPS.jpg93bd54828144ed9b89a50a52ae34a57b.jpg252fe72fea15646d5130af1da54a6492.jpg4502750109_15a8385c6e_z.jpg

Ideally this accent would have been used on a livery similar to the grey one, just by swapping colors + number (and without any other change). But as a user asked for a white livery that wasn't planned for this scheme (and seemingly down-rated his review for the lack of it, ironically, to get now downrated again 4 years later by its inclusion :laugh: ), I added that one to the pack as a bonus and changed to the other yellow martini-porsche accent so it didn't look too much the same, and unnatural for two cars on the "same team" to be in orange. It's not even the main article of this download, so feel free to delete it.

To be honest, I'd prefer that you've taken stars out of your review due to tech issues of the skin (bearing in mind the incredibly difficult distorted mapping at some points, like on louvers), and not so much because of a matter of aesthetic preference (dismissing glow-yellow as appropriate for this early '70s theme). Same for the issues this car can have in a extremely sunny showroom with any bright paint (it's a 4 year mod, made when there was no csp/Sol), not to mention that so long ago, this livery's tones were made to be used ingame under the unsaturated ks natural filter that was nearly standard at the time, so the glow-yellow (and orange-red) was overdone to overcome it.

Cheers

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back