1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

.veh modding troubles

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by DeoraTwo, Jul 20, 2015.

1. I have downloaded the great f1 Classic 1991 mod which does a good job to replicate the 1991 lineup of cars in the Formula Classic body style, but I have found a problem. All of the cars still use the turbo V6 engine sounds, when in 1991, v6's were phased out in favor for naturally aspirated V8/V10/V12 Engines.

I wanted to change the Ferrari and the McLaren to use the Formula V12 sounds to mirror the real life cars somewhat better, but when I change the sound in the .veh file to the path specified in the Formula V12 .veh files, the car disappears from the menu selection when I start the game back up. Is there something I'm missing?

Also what does it mean when It is referring to a .sfx file like in rFactor? I can't find any .sfx files in the specific car folders like in rF except for default.sfx in the general vehicles directory.

2. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium Member

Sfx is encrypted

For the veh, you should copy the .sfx needed in the car directory

3. Try changing the line to

Sounds=F_V12\F_V12.sfx

;)

4. Can you explain that in greater detail? Like, do I copy the F_V12 sounds to its own folder in the formula classic folder? Again, I can't see any .sfx extension file to copy. Do I need specific modding tools?

5. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium Member

In fact I wrote a mistake, having in mind another mod. You cant copy the sfx if you want to use an original sound. Sfx are encrypted.

Try to change the line indicated by Keith in the veh

6. That's what I originally did to change the sounds, and it just made it disappear from the roster.

7. I assure you it will work if you type it as in my above post(it does for me anyway).

EDIT - I just tested this again to make sure, and it definitely works, check the line again.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  8. Thank you very much. I realized what I was doing with the names and and included the " / " and it worked!