Vanilla Balance Mod Beta - Testers Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
This mod has now been released. All the changes are listed in the above link. If a Forum Admin is reading this, if you could remove the "Testers Wanted" and change it to "Development Discussion" thread, it would be appreciated.

UPDATED TO WORK WITH 1.3

Note: In attempts to fix the interviews and dilemmas, I have temporarily removed all non English languages from those two files. I hope to reinsert them into a later version (but when I do, they'll still be the vanilla text as I am unable to translate in any other language).

Last edited:
For an example;
What would be the difference in pace (speed) and tire wear of this cars approximately? (lets assume all of them are the same [parts, driver stats....]). I believe there wouldn't a difference in the vanilla version right?
Car 1 - Push / %50 tire temp
Car 2 - Push / %75 tire temp
Car 3 - Push / %25 tire temp

Edit: My driver won the last race but didn't get the 'Race Winner' or "Podium" trait. Is this a bug or are those random. (He didn't get any other trait after race)
No Trait.jpg

Last edited:
By that if you mean a temp trait of -7 in all stats for a 30-50 weeks, then yes. But the middle payment has a + value (so it looks like you get paid) in all of Track practice dilemmas execpt Tondela (here is the value -0.2). Also Tondela has a -1 Mil for the Expert trait choice. All other Exper Tracks have a -2 Mil.

from 1.31c (soz not updated yet)

First is a engine cooling dilemma that only affects my brakes??
upload_2017-3-29_23-20-53.png

Then I have this interview question saying the agent of one of my drivers and if im interested in signing
upload_2017-3-29_23-21-31.png
However the outcome of question shows a previously un-named driver
upload_2017-3-29_23-22-20.png

from 1.31c (soz not updated yet)

First is a engine cooling dilemma that only affects my brakes??
View attachment 182310

Then I have this interview question saying the agent of one of my drivers and if im interested in signing
View attachment 182311
However the outcome of question shows a previously un-named driver
View attachment 182312
Well... You gotta keep that Engine Cooling System sorted else it will... cause the brakes to explode! - True story.... (fixed ready for 1.31e)

I believe question 3 is fixed with
Fixed an Interview question (default 3) where it would ask you about signing your own driver, when in fact it was talking about another.
so let me know if the same thing happens after the update.

Did you fix it by adding something like "NewPart" to the question or change the "NewPartReliability = -50" variable in to a specific part?
I changed the question....

I changed the question quickly to be more generic... Seriously though, if anyone sees a dilemma they'd like to see worded differently, feel free to type it up as an email and post it here (along with the screenshot of the dilemma you wish to have changed).... ;) !!! Get your custom dilemma text included in the mod for free!!! ( <---- this is all a marketing ploy to stop me from having to keep rewording dilemmas and get's the community to do it for me.... because I am lazy and can barely make a cohesive sentence).

Would it work if I added "NewPart" in the question?

Something like:

Erm, bit of a disaster… We found a leak in our most recent {NewPart} system. The parts' reliability will be out of the window if we can't fix it!

Erm, bit of a disaster… We found a leak in our most recent {Parts}.These parts' reliability will be out of the window if we can't fix it!

It's just {Parts} and it effects your TWO most recent parts (because I am using the same command to change both the Default parts for the pre-season stuff :D

Ps.... Beware.... rear wings don't leak very much....
Well, I guess they could leak air.... touche....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 133 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 71 7.0%