1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tracks Vancouver (CART 1998) 2.1

Vancouver for GSCEx

1. Patrick Giranthon submitted a new resource:

Vancouver (CART 1998) - Vancouver for GSCEx

Read more about this resource...
    • Like Like x 8
  2. Fabio Rodrigues

Fabio Rodrigues
    Reiza Studios Community Manager

Thanks, Patrick, that's a fun track once you learn it... and it looks rather nice too!
  3. I could not add all I wanted but ... interesting yes :)
  4. Rainmaker

@ Simberia @Simberia

Thanks for all the tracks Patrick!

But I have a issue with a texture since one of the last GSC updates :

In rFactor:
  5. Rainmaker is right Patrick, all the white lines show up correctly in my previous GSC version of this track, but in this new version they are somehow reversed.
  6. I messed with the AIW a little bit so they take turn 1 a little tighter and pit exit is not as weird for them , if you would like to try it i can send it to you.
  7. In fact i saw these weird textures on some videos few weeks ago. I have a fix for that ready since two weeks but did not take time to upload It. I will try to so this soon.
  8. Rainmaker

@ Simberia @Simberia

Thanks for the info. You work is much appreciated.
  9. Thanks Patrick, looks great now :)
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I get annoying twitching and stuttering on this track. Don't know what's going on...the fps counter (using Fraps) shows stable 75 or even 76 and only occasionally drops to 74 for a milisecond.

The stutter/twitch happens even with the counter showing solid 75 without any visible oscillations to the number.
    There's also no sign of CPU being overloaded when stutters are occurring. What else can it be ? :unsure:

Same on Long Beach. No problems at Laguna, Indy, Fontana - these all have solid 75, without any flickering of the fps number. The number flickers a lot (and sometimes very briefly changes to 74 or 76) at Long Beach and Vancouver, where i have issues. So now i know that if the number flickers or oscillates, even if just minor, it's very likely i'll have issues. :cautious:

I have these annoying stuttering issues on various tracks, though, not just CART.
    Will check if this fps number flickering is connected to stuttering on those tracks as well. Probably so.
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  11. Don't know. These tracks are not "heavy" at all.
  12. Probably not much you can do but it seems like the last turn is horribly incorrect since the race broadcast for 1998 talks about how its the fastest corner on the track, going through it at something like 150mph, whereas in this version you can hardly get past 110-15 due to the shape of it.
  13. unfortunately, updating textures, road, grass, etc, is one thing (and can be a lot of work), changing complete pieces of tracks is another thing. :-(
  14. I guess widening the existing track barriers a smidge is still way too much work then.

Obviously I totally respect the huge amount of work you're putting into an insane volume of GSCE mod content. I only have a bit of a thing for this track since its my home town.
  15. Any chance for an AMS updated version? Also, anyone have the older layout (used up to 1997)? Never seen it outside of the classic ICR games. Always this later Concord Pacific layout.