MGP16 Valentino Rossi The Game Modding Questions

Last edited:
hey carlos i don't known if you read yet the forum but i have checked this tread only now and discovered your problem, maybe you solved but if not the answere of your problem is that you can not see correctly your cus number cause you must rename your cus number with two numbers first is the bike skin and next is the rider number so maybe if your rider number is 215 the correct sequence is cus number 900_215 where the first is number of bike skin and second is number of your rider skin, sorry for delay ahahah

Is it possible to modify the qualifying time for multiplayer? Me and my friend want longer qualifying than 10 minutes which is the only option for multiplayer for some reason.

I might be able to find something by myself but would it work? Can me and my friend connect to same lobby if we have exactly the same mod?

If someone knows where I can change qualifying time for multiplayer, pls tell me where. I'm rather bad at finding stuff myself xD Thanks guys :)

Is it possible to modify the qualifying time for multiplayer? Me and my friend want longer qualifying than 10 minutes which is the only option for multiplayer for some reason.

I might be able to find something by myself but would it work? Can me and my friend connect to same lobby if we have exactly the same mod?

If someone knows where I can change qualifying time for multiplayer, pls tell me where. I'm rather bad at finding stuff myself xD Thanks guys :)
You cannot play with modified files online, so you won't be able to change multiplayer qual time

Hey guy's i have been editing and attempting to re-create some old and come up with some fantasy liveries however when i re design them the old livery is imprinted in there. (for example KTM i made it all black for a youtube video (pre season testing) however the original livery is still showing very faintly

anybody know if it's possible to add in a rider to a team (for example make LCR Honda a 2 rider team)?
Or does anybody know how i can add in teams (Add KTM in Moto2 and GP)???
yes it's possible, you must edit files in gfxgem.mix for example gfxgem pilots with bml editor, but also in data.mic db are the data pilots and teams as reference to look how is named the teams example foder 500 is ducati so team 500 is ducati official team, for teams is more complicated you must edit many more files in data gfxgem and menu,the process is long and laborius ahahaha

Hello, I've recently bought Valentino Rossi the game for steam and my intentions are to mod it. I have played around with the files and made little mods for MotoGP 13, 14 and 15 so I know how to mod those games but I was wondering how to change bike models for teams for Valentino Rossi the game e.g make leopard moto2 team have suters instead of kalexs. However when I tried this the only thing that changes is the bike that the custom rider rides, it becomes suter but Kent and Oliveria stay on kalexs. I have tried all the ways that I know that worked on MotoGP 13 - 15 but they don't seem to work for VRTG. I apologise if this is too rambly. Any help would be appreciated and Thank you in advance

Hello, I've recently bought Valentino Rossi the game for steam and my intentions are to mod it. I have played around with the files and made little mods for MotoGP 13, 14 and 15 so I know how to mod those games but I was wondering how to change bike models for teams for Valentino Rossi the game e.g make leopard moto2 team have suters instead of kalexs. However when I tried this the only thing that changes is the bike that the custom rider rides, it becomes suter but Kent and Oliveria stay on kalexs. I have tried all the ways that I know that worked on MotoGP 13 - 15 but they don't seem to work for VRTG. I apologise if this is too rambly. Any help would be appreciated and Thank you in advance
it's quite simple, you must take the suter bike model and rename with numbers of the kalex you wanna change, so if the kalex is named bike 505 you must rename suter as bike 505 and put it in the same folder of leopard team, put only attention to check if suter model is two rider team for sure that the rider numbers ar showed on front of bike,try so and reply if it's all ok bye

it's quite simple, you must take the suter bike model and rename with numbers of the kalex you wanna change, so if the kalex is named bike 505 you must rename suter as bike 505 and put it in the same folder of leopard team, put only attention to check if suter model is two rider team for sure that the rider numbers ar showed on front of bike,try so and reply if it's all ok bye
Where abouts is the suter bike model in the files? Is it the .bin file because it crashes my game when I copy that into the kalex folder and rename it

Where abouts is the suter bike model in the files? Is it the .bin file because it crashes my game when I copy that into the kalex folder and rename it
so what have you done?,explain your steps so i can understand better why crash your game it's better if you understand that you must replace not only the bike model but also the file textures in the suter folder

so what have you done?,explain your steps so i can understand better why crash your game it's better if you understand that you must replace not only the bike model but also the file textures in the suter folder
I figured out what the issue was and now I've stopped my game from crashing and it now works but all kalex bikes are now suters, this is probably something I've done wrong and I think it's because I've edited the wrong file but I'm not sure

Last edited:
I cannot find "team.bml". I searched and used search tools and I can only find "DB_teams.BML" which doesn't seem to be the right one?

Ah, yeah well certain riders wont become good even if you give them the best stats possible in skillcatalog. I figured it could be an issue because of their team being too bad making them drop down the field every race after making a perfect qauly.

Also.. What's the deal with Jorge Navarro dropping from top 3 on the grid to like 10th-15th during every race? According to his stats in skillcatalog he should be the best rider on the grid the way i've changed him, but no matter what I do he keep dropping during every race no matter how many laps it is.

Last edited:
I was wondering if anyone knows why this is happening:
motogp16ddsopening.png

When I open bike dds files they come up like this

motogp16ddsopeningleathers.png

But leathers come up normally
motogp15ddsopening.png

But in motogp 15 they load without the problem
If anybody knows why this is happening it would be extremely helpful and any help at all will be appreciated. I am using Paint.net btw

Last edited:
I was wondering if anyone knows why this is happening:
View attachment 158462
When I open bike dds files they come up like this

View attachment 158463
But leathers come up normally
View attachment 158464
But in motogp 15 they load without the problem
If anybody knows why this is happening it would be extremely helpful and any help at all will be appreciated. I am using Paint.net btw

Let me guess, you wanted to ad the red part "eneos" part they had in malaysia?

To the subject: unfortunately i don´t know why this happens. My guess is the game pulls the transparent parts out of an different file, which i couldn´t locate when i was doing this a couple of months ago.

but the good news is you can "overpaint" the file you opened.
not what you looked for, i know. but it´s something...
BIKE601.png

*the white parts are transparent

20161103194720_1.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back