MGP16 Valentino Rossi The Game Modding Questions

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Sorry to barge into your conversation, but I'm the guy who made the mixfile remixer. I've gotten a couple of reports regarding problems unpacking mixfiles from VR46 og MotoGp15. Have any of you guys had any such problems, I can't seem to reproduce any errors?

Cheers,

/m

Hey guys,

Sorry to barge into your conversation, but I'm the guy who made the mixfile remixer. I've gotten a couple of reports regarding problems unpacking mixfiles from VR46 og MotoGp15. Have any of you guys had any such problems, I can't seem to reproduce any errors?

Cheers,

/m
I do not had any problems with unpack/repack...

But i had a error when copying the directory name directly to the textbox at the "Create new mix file" tab (without using the browse button):

1. Go to "Create new mix file" tab;
2. Copy the directory name in "Root source directory for mixfile" (without using the browse button);

Appears a startIndex error...

Other thing is that i know that the tool is working fine, but you have plans to upgrade it to the new games of the Milestone? Actually exists only 3 options and i use always the last one... The repacked mix files are much larger than the original... I've seen that the originals have the bml content section all encrypted and the repacked is not (i don't know if this is the problem, just saying).

Anyway, thank you very much for this tool! :thumbsup:

I do not had any problems with unpack/repack...

But i had a error when copying the directory name directly to the textbox at the "Create new mix file" tab (without using the browse button):

1. Go to "Create new mix file" tab;
2. Copy the directory name in "Root source directory for mixfile" (without using the browse button);

Appears a startIndex error...

Other thing is that i know that the tool is working fine, but you have plans to upgrade it to the new games of the Milestone? Actually exists only 3 options and i use always the last one... The repacked mix files are much larger than the original... I've seen that the originals have the bml content section all encrypted and the repacked is not (i don't know if this is the problem, just saying).

Anyway, thank you very much for this tool! :thumbsup:

Hi Dyego,

Glad to hear that, and you're very welcome :) I will look into the browsing error, think I actually hit that bug to, but was to lazy to fix it :whistling:

In regards to compressing the filecontent, I actually released some versions after the .6 that seems to be the one in use. The >=.8 versions should have some compression capability.

Here is the change log:
v0.1.7 - Some support for XBox 360 mixfiles (Endian)
v0.1.8 - Compression of non DDS files
v0.1.9 - Handle invalid filenames (MXGP)

And a link to the releases:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7c4oiWHPdjESWxtdXc5a1A4RlU

Cheers,

/m

@LeMic thanks for the reply. Every mod on this forum is thanks to your awesome remixer, so huge huge thank you by me and I suppose from the all motogp community too

Thank you very much for the kind words, I'll take a small bow :) I'm really glad and a bit surprised that the tool is still trucking along and people find it useful, I made the first version for the 08 incarnation of MotoGP.

Hi Dyego,

Glad to hear that, and you're very welcome :) I will look into the browsing error, think I actually hit that bug to, but was to lazy to fix it :whistling:

In regards to compressing the filecontent, I actually released some versions after the .6 that seems to be the one in use. The >=.8 versions should have some compression capability.

Here is the change log:
v0.1.7 - Some support for XBox 360 mixfiles (Endian)
v0.1.8 - Compression of non DDS files
v0.1.9 - Handle invalid filenames (MXGP)

And a link to the releases:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7c4oiWHPdjESWxtdXc5a1A4RlU

Cheers,

/m
One question. Why you don't officially update your MixFile to v0.1.9? It compress very well the MIX files now and it's stable, a big step foward from the 0.1.6

I desperate need to edit AI race pace under rain. They are SLOW! I can't find nothing related to it.
Don't forget that tyres works for both player and AI and lower the grip makes the AI riders go wide at every turn :(

Try to add the TyresCatalog item to each bike in STANDARD folder and change the value to the desired catalog accordingly to TYRESCATALOGCOLLECTION.BML:
upload_2016-7-13_15-3-50.png

upload_2016-7-13_15-4-46.png

One question. Why you don't officially update your MixFile to v0.1.9? It compress very well the MIX files now and it's stable, a big step foward from the 0.1.6

That sounds great, glad to hear it actually works ;) As I recall I posted it on R.E.G-Racing-Editing-Gaming back when I made it, but the site seems to be gone now. Also I don't really race 2 wheels any more, so I wasn't aware of this great modding scene here at RD. Maybe I should upload them here so they become part of the community archive.

Edit:

Done :) http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/mixfile-remixer.11107/

Last edited:
Someone know how FP and Q times are generate throught the session?
Riders start to put slow laps and lower the fastest lap minute after minute, like the real life, but I think the fastest lap is generated too early (in the first 15 minutes of the session), I'd like to slow this process down

Someone know how FP and Q times are generate throught the session?
Riders start to put slow laps and lower the fastest lap minute after minute, like the real life, but I think the fastest lap is generated too early (in the first 15 minutes of the session), I'd like to slow this process down
Probably in the AI_Params file which is in data/vehicle/ai...
Never tested but in this file there is qualifying behaviour which include mintimetogeneratetimeontrack and maxtime... :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back