MGP16 Valentino Rossi The Game Modding Questions

Last edited:
My question is the following:

I'm going to play a little bit with the lighting, position of the sun etc.
Do I always have to unpack the mix-file, edit some parts, repack the new mix file and then test ingame? Isn't there any faster way, for example putting the edited file in the same folder outside the mix-file?

My question is the following:

I'm going to play a little bit with the lighting, position of the sun etc.
Do I always have to unpack the mix-file, edit some parts, repack the new mix file and then test ingame? Isn't there any faster way, for example putting the edited file in the same folder outside the mix-file?
No, you have to manually do it everytime

Just setup up your MixFileRemixer
open .ENV file with notepad, edit it and save, repack with MixFileRemixer, play game
If you are not satisfied, edit file again, click repack in MixFileRemixer, play game

so is not always first the same and have more variety
There seems a huge improvement in skillscatalog.bml! it is called something like "Race Performance Perturbation". Change it for all riders to 0.1 - 0.15 range, and you will see Marquez occasionally drop down from 2nd on the grid - to, for example 12th! So performances definitely can be made unpredictable (remember Lorenzo in Catalonia dropping down). Original values are like 0.002 - much too small (Marquez on podium almost always).

There seems a huge improvement in skillscatalog.bml! it is called something like "Race Performance Perturbation". Change it for all riders to 0.1 - 0.15 range, and you will see Marquez occasionally drop down from 2nd on the grid - to, for example 12th! So performances definitely can be made unpredictable (remember Lorenzo in Catalonia dropping down). Original values are like 0.002 - much too small (Marquez on podium almost always).
Yeah but that can be made for some Moto3 riders (some riders that not always are in front)
But Rossi, Lorenzo and Marquez are always in front so in real life so...

DATA.MIX must be unpacked, using mixfile remixer to some folder. 2282 files will be there. Then find there VEHICLES\AI folder (full path DATA\VEHICLES\AI). There is a file inside, called SKILLSCATALOG.BML.
Open that file with MGP BML Dyego's editor.
And then look for down the order row - Skill {MotoGP_Marc_Marquez}, etc.... press "+" and edit values below "RacePerformanceMaxPerturbation"...
change also TimeGenerationMax values to a bigger ones Marques's 1.002 to, say, 1.018 so he sometimes will qualify 7th, not always in top 3.

I am going to have a muck around with some of the visors . Kind of silvery shiny (not some beady eyes ) Any Ideas to help are appreciated.

Attachments

• tRfUZ.jpg
    tRfUZ.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 965
  • Tear Off.jpg
    Tear Off.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,538
Question ... what is the best way to re position a race number or sticker on one of the bikes?
That is painful, as fo any other textures...you have to keep launching the game and checking everytime.

A good tip is to take screenshots of what you want to edit and study them with the texture files, so you get an idea of how much you have to change and how...It might save you some time

Ok...after edit everything... where I copy it
You must repack all this "DATA" folder back, using the same Mixfile Remixer 0.1.6.
This time choose tab "Create new mixfile", then Browse and select DATA folder (where all extracted files are). Important (!) - in combo box "Mixfile format" select SBK-X/V8. And then specify "New mixfile path" - DATA.MIX in games root folder. Beware - backup original data.mix!
Press - "Pack new mixfile" button.

Yeah but that can be made for some Moto3 riders (some riders that not always are in front)
But Rossi, Lorenzo and Marquez are always in front so in real life so...
Not always (at least all three of them), these settings still allow to win Lorenzo or maybe Dovizioso, but not L.Baz. Remember, last year L.Baz was even 4th in one race! It will never happen in The Game, without changing those values. Of course, crashes played huge role in Baz's success, but anyway... And it must be very rare that all three of them will be slow in the same race. And even then M.Vinales or D.Pedrosa likely will win, not, for example, D.Petrucci...
BTW, I increased "Respawn" time to 15 secs. It must be this way, otherwise time loss by rider is ridiculously small. Also they lay down after crash, so no problems with animation stoppage being too obvious (rider running and freezing).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 328 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 283 13.4%