Engine
Throttle map: Fast
Fuel: 4
AlignmentCamber front: -1.20
Camber rear: -3.00
Toe front: 0.09
Toe rear:0.35

I have to make some changes to the gearbox is not 100% yet

So by your setup you mean you just clicked the furthest right on Engineer setup! lol

I'm sorry, but this setup is actually quite bull****. The downforce is much to high, slowing you on the straights, and the rear wing is set the same amount of downforce as the front wing. This results in much understeer. The braking balance is wrong, if I use 50/50, the car sometimes oversteers when I braking (ABS is off). The pressure is medium, it should be high, then you can brake a bit later. I've made my own setup and I'm about 1.5 seconds per lap faster than with this setup. Here's my setup:

Front wing angle: 4 (as long as the rear wing angle is lower than the front wing angle, you will still have plenty of grip,
Rear wing angle: 2 even more then with 6/6)
Braking balance: 52/48
Pressure: high
Size: standard
Ballast distribution 70/30 (this results in oversteer, so easy on the throttle, but it will give you a lot more grip)
Front anti-roll bar: 2 (this also results in oversteer but much more front grip, responsiveness will suffer but therefore
Rear anti-roll bar: 8 you can change the toe)
Ride height front: 2
Ride height rear: 2
Front spring stiffness: 7
Rear spring stiffness: 8
Gears: don't change anything
Camber: don't change anything
Toe: just move front and rear toe 2 positions to the right to compensate for the loss in responsiveness created by the low front anti-roll bar setting.

Now the car has much more grip, it won't oversteer while braking into corners, but it some times will when you apply to much throttle. With the car setup on this site I did a 1:43.5 (in career expert difficulty, fuel load simulation an tyre wear on so always slower lap times), this gave me 13th position. Using my own custom car setup I did a 1:42.0 giving me 2nd position.

Many people have the urge to set alot of downforce because they think it will create much more grip. It will but you will be slowed down dramaticly on the straights. As long as the rear wing angle is 1 or 2 settings low than the front wing angle, you will still have alot of grip. most of the time I set downforce 4/2 or 5/3, sometimes 3/1. This will give you a very high top speed and still a grippy car. You can also create grip by a lot lower front anti-roll bar than the rear anti-roll bar, for example 2/8. Also by low ride height, and a bit stiffer springs, and moving the ballast distribution the the front.
I hope this helps for you guys.

• Huerso

Hello guys, my time is 1:39.465 with the original settings.

Crazy Gamers setup:

1:37:663 with Red Bull in career mode. Just adjusted the 6th and 7th gear two clicks to the right to have more top speed because with his setup it went way into the limits at the end of the straight.

Hello. My time is 1.38.5 red bull time trial mode, but when I run my time online up to 1.42. Why is there so much difference in time from one mode to another?

Managed a 1.38:5 with a Lotus in TT using a default far right setup, fast engine, assists off (except corner guides). Will try some setups here to see if I can improve that.

Hi,guys I hope that someone can help me...
I'm playing my 1st career year with Lotus,with no helps,joypad and legendary AI drivers...
In Valencia I've tried the far right rapid setup,and the first setup on this page..but my fastest lap in qualify is 1.46:067,I can't go under 1.46...i'm 6 seconds behind pole! Is this possible?
with Lotus usually on other tracks i'm 2-4 seconds behind
Can someone suggests me a good setup 4 Lotus??

P.S: Obviusly I drive with no mistakes...

EDIT: Ok,no problem, in a TT driving a RBR i've made 1.39.667 with far setup,and now with Lotus 1.45.460, probably it is my best...:(

This is a Timetrial keyboard setup with traction control full and ASB on

edit: Did 1 sec better by changing gears, brake ballance, toe and camber. New setup below.

car: MCLaren
Time: 1.36.046

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 2
Rear Wing Angle: 1
Braking
Balance: F 46% - R 54%
Pressure: high
Brake Size: standard
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 60% - R 40%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 2
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 10
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 6
Rear Spring Stiffness: 5
Gearbox
Gear 1: 133 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 164 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 191 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 217 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 246 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 275 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 308 kph / xxx mph​
Engine
Throttle map: fast
Fuel: x
Alignment

Camber front: -1.40
Camber rear: -2.80
Toe front: 0.14
Toe rear: 0.44

Hello guys, want to thank those of you that take their time to add set ups for us to have fun. About this set ups (Zuvko's), I have to say that the driving is stable but the lap times were not good, don't know why. I did what Tito Manassana comments and everything when much better. Got 2 seconds down my lap times and been getting faster and faster since then. So, jut to thank Zuvko and Tito ....

I see the same for the Singapore setups . . . both tracks are essentially straight sections and slow, mechanical grip corners so why do people use high downforce settings???

hi was this setup done with Expert difficulty on because i have been adjustion a setup on valencia for hours and i cannot get below a 1:42:200. But when i had a lower difficulty on i went alot Quicker. :(

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 237 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.0%