1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V8SC Skin mod - no longer works

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by Rob Fitness, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness
    Premium Member

the skin pack mod that i created now no longer loads any of the cars in that mod. it gives errors to do with loading things for the cockpit.

is anyone else having the same issues ?? anyone know how to fix ?? i only good at painting, not at getting them to work :(
  3. Rob, just downloaded the update and had the same issue. After comparing the .veh files between yours and the updated I noticed 2 differences (there has been a cockpit update for the V8's). So I changed the following 2 lines (in your skins .veh) and it now appear to work. To be honest I think the only issue was the cockpit but anyway this is what I changed:
    GenString=1SLV (note: added 1)

Cockpit=SuperV8_cockpitinfo1.ini (note: added 1 after info)

Unfortunately will now have to do this will all the other Holden .veh but so far seems to be working. And again thanks for your skins.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness
    Premium Member

thanks for reply... the genstring is the rim colour.

i noticed in the SuperV8 cars folder there is 3 .ini files for cockpit.

i will try changing them in one car to see if that helps.
  5. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness
    Premium Member

didnt work for me,
    if its not a error relating to something about cockpits its then about interiors.
  6. Sorry Rob, I tried it again and some were working (those with silver rims) and some not (eg. Erebus that has black rims). Got the same error as you. So I simply put a 1 in front, so GenString=1BLK // SLV - silver, BLK - black, GLD - gold, RED - red - this is the Erebus. Along with the cockpit change I described above they seem to be working. Might have to do they same with gold rim cars (eg HRT). Haven't tested them all but the silver and black rim cars work so far. Good luck, hope this helps
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Yes that got them working for me, the genstring relates to the cockpit as well as the wheels now...now just need to get rid of the Larry bar?
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness
    Premium Member

OK, i got the BOC car working. will try a BLK rimmed car

I got team 18 with blk rims going too
  9. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness
    Premium Member

i just discovered a cockpit with the larry bar gone, and the old style cockpit with new textures. trying to narrow down how i did that....

its the number in the genstring
    1= old cockpit new texture
    2=new cockpit & larrybar
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  10. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness
    Premium Member

i have all 2016 cars going again with a mix of cockpit styles...
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Yippie! :)
  12. I have the Fords with no texture on the dash, just all white?
  13. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness
    Premium Member

yer they messed up... as you know i didnt make the ford.

i have all my VF's working now, so happy camper again
  14. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness
    Premium Member

i think the Fords mas files need repacking with the new cockpit adn they will be good to go again.
  15. Yeah I think the new cockpit (minus the Larry bar) would defiantly suit the Fords better, at least the Holden's are working again. The inside view of the screens are slightly different too, any chance of incorporating some of that in your skins?
  16. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness
    Premium Member

how do you mean they are different ??
  17. Seems to have different texture with a bit of a frame or edge around it? Also sun strip is a bit lighter?
  18. Hello there,

Is there a chance to bring an update of your nice skins?
    Or should I/we change the lines in the files mentioned above?

19. Look @RobFitness profile page, select information tab then look at home page.
  20. Oha thx. I wasn't even aware about this ... as i don't use Facebook.
    Thought all updates would be done here on RD. But anyway, now i give it a try ;)