rF2 v8's @ Eastern creek, 16th June 2008

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes please Mark. :alla:
I need all the help I can get with these cars. :ambulance:
Mine feels very sloppy, almost like there is a big deadzone at the centre of the steering. Maybe it is just something to do with this mod, I wouldn't really know.

This what I have:

Logitech Profiler: 101%, 5%, 25%, 5%, 271 deg,
In rFactor under Controller Settings:
Rates: 50%, 50%, 50%, 20%, 15%, 50%, 25%
Force Feedback: Wheel, High, -100%

Yes please Mark. :alla:
I need all the help I can get with these cars. :ambulance:
Mine feels very sloppy, almost like there is a big deadzone at the centre of the steering. Maybe it is just something to do with this mod, I wouldn't really know.

The forum wouldn't let me attach anything - so I have uploaded my rFactor controller.ini file to rapidshare :)

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

I am going to have to make some amendments in game myself - as I currenlty have a huge deadzone like the one you mentioned. I have just been doing a Jean Alesi [driving around the problem - rather than fixing it].

I will probably try amending the steering lock a little - as I currently have it at 12. That may sound wierd to some people, but that's the way I like it :D.

My G25 profile settings are:

degrees of rotation 303 degrees
enable force feedback - ticked
overall effects strength 101%
spring effect 0%
damper effect 0%
enable centering spring - ticked
centering spring strength 0%

I had the same problem in Rfactor with my G25. I had updated my Logitech software to the latest and that was the troublemaker for me.
When i did a restore of my XP 2 days before i had done the gaming software update is was gone !!!

What the solution at the moment that it didnt worked was for me is just to unplug the USB from the G25 and back in again ,even in game it worked .

Back to tonight !! Sorry i have to cancel tonights race :Sad: i really cant make it in time. If i can i might jump in at the qually but not sure i can.
I hope to be in but dont count on me . To bad i was just getting into the 1:33's:bike:

• Darron Miller

cant make it m8 familycome round soz race ya next tie

That was fun for me (sorta).
At least I can now say I'm no longer a rF virgin :D, but I'm now positive that this mod was not the ideal one to start with. I learned a lot, but some of it the hard way.
Qualy wasn't too bad at 1.36.2 ish, and surprisingly not last, about P7 or something.
I had no idea what was involved with the start and wanted to keep out of the way, so I was very careful off the line (when I realised we had started). After a lap or two I was behind a holden and wondered "who is that?". I decided to look for my driver labels key, found it, then thought "oh that's Gareth in front, whoops!!". I should have been braking, missed the turn went off wide into one of those infamous sand traps and bogged it. Somehow, after lots of effort, I was surprised to actually extract the car, but by now I was nearly a lap down. Good, I can run my own race now.
Unfortunately the alien leader was on my tail quickly so now I had to work out how to let him by. Hope I didn't hold you up too much.

I eventually settled down to drive some consistent laps but my biggest problem was trying to find the info while driving. Every time I looked away from the road, I nearly had a disaster. These cars need full concentration.

Anyway, I finished the race (about P6 or something) and had fun learning this game. I rather like the on-line code, seemed very stable. I just need to get familiar with all of the info provided while driving (preferably in something a little easier first).

Thanks to all for the event. :thumb:

• Roman Liebich

What an event. From the first moment I tried V8, I didn't like. After hard practice I somehow managed to actually drive the car in decent manner.
Free Practice - probably best part of the evening, managed some decent 1:38, which is my maximum, no matter how hard I try.

Qualify - once again not many "hot laps" as I just kept on doing stupid mistakes, so 1:39.5 or so which is slow even for me and last spot on grid naturally.

Race - started slow, managed to gain 1 place, but in turn 3 I went out and returned back to the last spot. So I said to myself to drive safely and let others make mistakes (actually my only reasonable plan for this race). During first lap I gained about 2-3 place as other guys had to stop for short picnic. Continued to drive on one of the last spots, but then my first big mistake came and I lost contact with two guys in front of me (atm the gap was about 3 sec), so prettz much racing with myself and trying to manage as many laps without being lapped as possible. Dave lapped me in 10th lap or so and short after came another mistake, which resulted in forced pit stop (smashed front, FL tyre as well). Warren managed to overtake me as I was leaving pits and after some more mistakes I finished last with + laps..

Overall I just can't drive these cars, I don't feel comfortable driving it, it's constant battle which results in bad lap times and mistakes thereafter..

So looking forward to another rF race but please - PCC or Endurance..;-)

And congratulations to Dave - amazing!

Now that was, ahem, an eventful event!

Practice: Didn't really seem to be able to hook up a lap and couldn't get below a 1.35. Sam kept me in fourth all practice because he managed to get below 1.35.

Qualifying: Woohoo! managed to bang in a PB of 1.34.619. This was two tenths faster than my offline PB over the weekend and was only possible because I STOPPED LOOKING AT THE DAMN INFO SCREENS :D. 3rd on the grid [very surprised - as I expected the alien clan to take the first three rows of the grid.

Race: Can't say it was enjoyable - more a case of enduring. Fighting the beast meant a few off track moments and I was surprised to be able to pump in consistent enough laps to finish in 3rd.

3rd rFactor event - 3rd podium for me. I may have to hang around the rFactor garage a little while longer [so long as you fast guys don't start practicing.

Another Endurance Challenge event would be fun :thumb: [Daytona Road???].

Hmmmnnn! I have a query for you rFactor experts.
I was intrigued why I was classified as 2 laps down at the end of the race, despite only being lapped once by the two leaders.

Checking my replay, the lap that I bogged it in the sand, was lap 3. After recovering (which took a while), and then crossing the line at the end of that lap, the counter didn't increase, the lap wasn't counted at all. ???? :(

Is there a bug in the game or did I do something wrong to get penalised a lap???

Very weird.

:confused::confused::confused:

EDIT: It looks like the same thing happened to Jari on lap 9, it came up as lap N/A (but it looked like a normal lap to me), and he pulled over and exited. ????

Not sure what happened there. I wondered why Jari pulled off - I thought he had been black flagged or something technical had let go...

If you ever feel the urge to get an Oceania series of event going with the V8's be sure to invite me - they are seriously hard to drive, but fun!

PS - Is it just me, or does Warren's avatar look like the crow from Dangermouse, sitting in a control booth??? Look closer - concentrate on the glasses [it can't only be me] :D

nice drive Dave.
fun to drive, like allways. kept car on track whole session. but if tried to keep up
with Dave's pace, i wouldnt lol.
would be fun to drive for example bmw e21 mod on some small and intence track.
those provide very good online experience and nice close racing. easy to drive
and not too fast. maybe these v8 monsters were a bit too "monstrous" when
checking out the time differences.
or any other "smaller" car tbh, as long as its well done mod. take off driving aids too.
also i would take off the option for autogears, well its slower and really makes
no sence.

If you ever feel the urge to get an Oceania series of event going with the V8's be sure to invite me - they are seriously hard to drive, but fun!

I'm actually thinking of kicking off the Oceania stuff again, but haven't decided which Sim to run with. Maybe a mixture hey? :smurf:

PS - Is it just me, or does Warren's avatar look like the crow from Dangermouse, sitting in a control booth??? Look closer - concentrate on the glasses [it can't only be me] :D

Lol, Mark. You've got too much time on your hands, or too large a monitor. Damn it, now every time I look at my avatar, that's all I can focus on. :D:D:D

All I can think of is maybe a track bug? After all this is a new release.

I got lapped an d then the phone rang on my final lap, :( I knew it would as I was waiting for the phone call, 2 mins later and I would of finished.

Anyway I must say these cars and this track was a bloody nightmare for me :) Still it was good fun.

must have too much time - as my laptop screen could never be described as large!Not sure which sim??? I vote rFactor for at least one or two events. Maybe Race07 (but in the Radicals, no WTCC). and Maybe GTL (something for everyone).

Hope I didn't hold you up too much.

Not at all, you made it very clear that you were going to allow me through at the hairpin and I flashed my lights, afterwards, in appreciation. Actually, everyone was very courteous and I had a very fair race with Toni.

Warren Dawes said:
Is there a bug in the game or did I do something wrong to get penalised a lap???

As Gareth mentioned it looks as if there are a few bugs, with the track, which are in the process of being fixed.

The event was a pleasure as I loved the track and the cars - challenging but rewarding. Thanks for scheduling this event because I would have probably never got around to driving them :thumb:

btw: for anyone that is interested and doesn't already know - if you look in the /userdata/log/results folder you should have a xml file that contains various data from the race sessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 148 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.5%