1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

V8Factor Unleashed Feedback

Discussion in 'Team ORSM' started by still_bacon, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Jclaude

Jclaude

Ratings:
    +92
    Hello, with trackconfig.ini there a way to force the use of a particular tire for each track and whatever the assignment. But it's either soft or the intermediaries.

For example:

/ / ------------------------------------------------ ----------
    / / 01 Event
    / / Adelaide
    / / Clipsal 500
    / / ------------------------------------------------ ----------

"Adelaide Street Circuit"
    Differential = 1
    Fuel Filler Side = 1
    Fuel Cell = 0
    Tyres = 1 <======

In this case it is the line "Tyres = 1" is useful.
    To know that the choice "0" offers you the choice of two types of tires, "1" = Control, "2" = soft

In the hope of answering the abortion question.

JClaude.

2. still_bacon

still_bacon

Ratings:
    +159
    That is great for 1 type of tyre, but what he wants is the ability to force the AI into using 2 types of tyre in the same race. That can't be done.

3. Mcopas

Mcopas

Ratings:
    +0
    I am wondering whether anybody can help me get the 8 spoke rims to work on my car.
    they show up when they are not selected for default use but when they are selected the game gives me a .gmt error help me please

4. still_bacon

still_bacon

Ratings:
    +159
    If it is an add-on car you have created (custom skin in the community content section), what did you do to create it. If not, complete a clean install and it should work.

5. Butters

Butters

Ratings:
    +32
    Is there any plans for a 2014 or 2015 version with actual Mercedes, Volvo and Nissan models?

6. Travis Chalmers

Travis Chalmers

Ratings:
    +1
    You seem to be forgetting that a new Holden is needed, and from next year a new Ford too. They probably need replacing anyway, cause the Holden and Ford currently in the mod are not the same as those currently competing.

I don't mean to offend or speak on behalf of Team ORSM, but I'm not aware on any plans for a new mod due to rFactor being outdated and the difficulties with rFactor 2. And I'm guessing it would take a long time to make 6 new OFFICIAL built from scratch models. You've got to wonder if they have the time, as this is probably just a hobby and they don't get paid.

That's just my take on it though, that's not an official statement by any means lol.

• Like Like x 1
  7. still_bacon

still_bacon

Ratings:
    +159
    Trav is spot on.

The other thing that is driving people away from this as a hobby is that there are a few unscrupulous people in the community who will modify or convert models to other platforms without the consent of the modeller who spent hundreds of hours building stuff from scratch for 1 specific platform (tracks and cars)..

Oh, and there is a new one I have seen recently.... People make claims that the models are stolen from someone else to justify why they haven't asked permission (not from the author or the person it has "apparently" been stolen from) before releasing them as their own work.

If only people realised how hard modding really is, and treated those who do it as a hobby with more respect, then there would be more peeps staying in the community.

That's not just me having a whinge.. I have seen a lot of good people pass thru this community and leave because of this frustration. imaging how big it could have been!!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Butters

Butters

Ratings:
    +32
    Thanks for the reply guys.

What if someone was willing to contribute to the modelling side of things? I am not saying a full blown 100% accurate representation of each car. Would be thinking generic chassis, seat, steering wheel, gear lever etc but then car specific bodies, wings, dashes etc.

I only ask as i am pretty keen on a more current V8 mod but tarmac is not where I am wanting to be spending my time. Just before Bathurst we made a start on a Volvo which can be seen here https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sim-Speedway/534230786693175 but as the page shows our focus is really dirt oval. I was always a fan of the Unleashed mod over any of the others so if there is any interest in rejuvenating the mod I'd be keen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. still_bacon

still_bacon

Ratings:
    +159
    One word.. Wow. That was knocked up over a weekend???

What you are talking about is close to the COTF anyway, with the body being the only real change to the models between makes. I will have a chat to Neil and see what his thoughts are, and if it was a decision to move towards any new release, I would think a 2015 season with the last of the Ford and Holden Aussie models, and the other 3 makes would be a nice tribute to the end of the Aussie manufacturing era. Would 4 other models be too much do you think?

10. Butters

Butters

Ratings:
    +32
    Yeah correct 2.5 days. It is a spinner stand version as was going for appeal though but what you see is from scratch.

Yeah correct obviously die hards want the works and will pick apart the little things but reality is when your driving at 150k+ your looking at two things your front windscreen and the car in front of you lol.

If you guys are willing to do the rest I am happy to get the models done and unwrapped for texturing etc. You guys will be involved in overlooking the models progress and providing feedback for improvements and alterations. Any help that can be provided for resources would also be appreciated.

I'd be keen on trying to piece together the 2014 cars and then we can just add whatever is needed to update to a 2015 version. I think I read somewhere that the 2015 cars will be announced by the final round.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Butters

Butters

Ratings:
    +32
    Amended the spinner stand version to start creating a lower poly version of the Volvo. Also a start on a low poly Falcon.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
    • Like Like x 5
  12. dogdog

dogdog

Ratings:
    +2
    Great work!

13. Butters

Butters

Ratings:
    +32
    Start of a low Poly Merc. Had a look at the current cars layout to best mirror that so will have to think more about the breakdown of the car parts.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  14. Butters

Butters

Ratings:
    +32
    Bit of an update on the Falcon

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  15. tdk812

tdk812

Ratings:
    +6
    Awesome work Butters!

Top stuff.

16. mceci1

mceci1

Ratings:
    +10
    I am just wondering what is going on with the 2015 cars mod

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. McKenzie

McKenzie

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, I have gone and made a skin for your V8 Factor Unleashed, and for some reason when i view the skin in the game, it has come out all shiny compared to the other liveries for the others cars. Are you able to help me? Here is a screenshot in game to what it looks like

Attached Files:

18. mceci1

mceci1

Ratings:
    +10
    you haven't done the alpha layer properly, white is shiny black is matte, its in channels/alpha channel on Photoshop

19. McKenzie

McKenzie

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, i was able to figure out where i went wrong.