• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

V8Factor Unleashed Feedback

Discussion in 'Team ORSM' started by still_bacon, Mar 14, 2011.

1. muzarati

muzarati

Ratings:
    +28
    bugga first time at doing this, will have a look. Should work now, sorry about that.

2. Mitchell Woodward

Mitchell Woodward

Ratings:
    +19
    went up onto the curve and curve hopped.........what is ya level of agression?

3. muzarati

muzarati

Ratings:
    +28
    no moo that is not curb hopping, as you can see the cars following and also the cars preceeding all handle the curbs fine and this is on lap four of twenty. It seems to be a random occurance but I have noticed that when these cars do crash they have a tendency to get airbourne and flip and bounce around , makes me wonder if there is something in the physics that is not quite right, like the mass weight is wrong or something?

4. still_bacon

still_bacon

Ratings:
    +159
    It's Luffy practicing for his Stunt Driver at Movieworld show the following day????

5. muzarati

muzarati

Ratings:
    +28
    ...or maybe bad aero??

6. still_bacon

still_bacon

Ratings:
    +159
    Muz, you have a way of putting a dampener on a Joke!!!!!

I spose the question then becomes....

Does it happen when you are driving??
    Does it happen to all cars at the same spot??
    Does it happen to other humans when they are driving??

The answer to the above I suspect will be No to all!!!!

In that situation, then I would be eliminating Aero, and moving more towards AI behaviour which is not something the Mod may not have control over.

7. muzarati

muzarati

Ratings:
    +28
    Sorry must have missed that? If not aero...then maybe physics?

8. still_bacon

still_bacon

Ratings:
    +159
    aero is part of the physics..

But the thing is if it aint the same for you, then I would be assuming it aint the physics..

9. Louis Wedding

Louis Wedding

Ratings:
    +2
    I enjoy driving the cars but I feel that they could be improved.Overall the cars are pretty good but I feel that the cars understeer a touch too much on entry of the corners and the cars lose traction far to easily, now, I know drivers don't gun it straight out of corners but IMO that the cars should be able to accelerate a little better out of corners w/o them getting sideways, then overheating rear tyres, followed by getting even more sideways out of corners.

Just my 2c

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dave Oliver

Dave Oliver

Ratings:
    +17
    You got to monitor your tyre pressures Louis otherwise you will get it drifting alot. Start your cold temps from 174kpa and aim for somewhere between 210 & 225kpa HOT.

• Like Like x 2
  11. William Levesque

William Levesque

Ratings:
    +1,276
    Exactly, my season in the Virtual V8 Supercars here at RD (TPS) thought me that tyre pressure is VERY important, especially in these cars...

As said, aim for about 215kpa hot, on all four tyres (So basically you will not have the same pressure cold on every tyre) :)

12. Scott Stephens

Scott Stephens

Ratings:
    +61
    Hi gents,

Just wondering if you were looking at or doing something with the sound of the mod to make them more realistic?

13. Redback

Redback

Ratings:
    +1
    I don't know if the straight cut gears in the Hollinger make the level of whine in a real world office. However, due to a several years in pub bands,I know how inefficient cheap mikes and especially low level video recordings can be, ala YouTube.:p

Not having had a ride in the real cars, plus how efficient you blokes are at generating this mod, I suspect that it is indeed more prominent than the engine sounds. I did have a mate in the mid 70’s who was rallying a GTR XU-1 with some kinda beefed up box and it was noisy as hell inside.

I digress… as I prefer a beefy V8 at full noise in car, I replaced the original engine sound files with the VHR NASCAR sim’s external sound files. This improved the sound ratio a great deal, I think I fiddled with some rates in another file to lower the tranny sounds also.
    :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Vito Lombardi

Vito Lombardi

Ratings:
    +29
    Since were talking about sounds, still like to hear that bang between gear shifts, I had it going in version before unleashed,
    fiddled with the file but to no luck....

15. Mitchell Woodward

Mitchell Woodward

Ratings:
    +19
    okay so with what i have found with the rhez or something like that sound its more realistic as in hearing the pop of changing gears if u deleted everything and just kept the orsm ones that would sound totally different and doesnt really have that realistic sound about it but it is still realistic enough

just my input dont wanna upset anyone :)

16. Mitchell Woodward

Mitchell Woodward

Ratings:
    +19
    just found an issue(but no biggie i can live with it)

is that if you choose the left hand mirror to be removed off the bf(the option in the upgeades where u can choose to leave it or not) in the community edition and then once u start the track u wonder race on it loads until finish but then crashes rfactor....

17. EAKMotorsports

EAKMotorsports

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi I want to say thank you for this great mod. On every single update this mod gets better and better. But the tires still toooo hot. On real life those tires works Inflation pressure: Cold setting – 18 to 24 psi (125 to165 kPa) highly circuit and weather dependent
    Hot setting – 31 psi (215 kPa) Preferred tread temperature range: 80˚C to 105˚C. But on the mod the tire temperature only stabilize with 190 kPa at 115ºC to 125ºC and that is way to high. I wish to have the real settings simulated but still not possible on this tires physics. I hope on the next update those tires gets closer to the real thing. And I wish too the new cockpits are done too. So thank you very much guys, keep up the good work.

18. Dam24

Dam24

Ratings:
    +8
    Ok ive just come to terms with the damage and im finding every (removable panel) on both sides of the car even when one side hits they come flying off, I know the cars are men't to absorb the force that gets put into them through the whole car, yet when all the wheels come off it sort of blows my steam train into gear and that is the only part of the mod that annoys me, the V8 Factor 1.3 i think had a right amount of damage for where it was needed in a crash instead of all four wheels, rear wing and bumper to come off in a front on impact.
    Im not sure if this has been mentioned so im sorry for posting this if it has. Other than that its a fantastic mod
    Cheers Dam24

• Like Like x 1
  19. Redback

Redback

Ratings:
    +1
    Guilt has caught up with me as I'm reminded of a previous post about the trans whine being overly loud. Please ignore that comment as it was the fvr mod and NOT V8Factor.
    Absolutely rapt in this mod and the cockpit sfx levels. If anything the trans can be increased a tad. Been that long since I sat me butt in a RW car with helmet on. Never with a straight cut gear set.
    BTW, the sound levels you hear on youtube etc., are usually without a decent top line mic and it's very different through the confines of a full-faced helmet. Recently learnt how to adjust all the sfx levels of tyres and trans and having a field day going through all the mods.
    Cheers all!

20. muzarati

muzarati

Ratings:
    +28
    Any chance of looking into the fuel usage? Particularly with regards to the AI, its seems that either the fuel consumption or fuel estimate is well off?... or is this an rfactor bug that we have to bare?