1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

V8Factor Sounds

Discussion in 'Team ORSM' started by TeamRED1, Sep 19, 2010.

1. TeamRED1

TeamRED1

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys, long time viewer etc etc

Finally got around to installing the game, and aren't too happy with that original sounds, and i remember a sound pack got released ages ago, by greg hill? i think or something

Was wondering if any of you had this pack, or know where i could download it from now-a-days

thanks heaps guys

2. muzarati

muzarati

Ratings:
    +26
    how do you disable the ambient sounds at Bathurst?

3. Michael51

Michael51

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know where it is, but the sounds he used for the Holden are just what the rFactor Nascars use (whatever they are)

4. Arsenal

Arsenal

Ratings:
    +0
    If you mean that God awful air-wrench noise, it is an rFactor bug that was never fixed. The file Gamedata\Sounds\Ambient\fans_normal_1.wav is not the sound of a crowd at all, it is that air-wrench sound.

When driving the V8 Factor cars you don't notice it because the car mod uses it's own ambient sound. If you drive other cars (and I believe you drive the FVRs muzarati?) on a track that uses that ambient sound file then you hear the air-wrench.

Alot of tracks besides Bathurst use that file, so it is not a Bathurst issue. Anyways, long ago I just copied the V8 Factor version of that file to the root folder. I have it zipped up so I could give it to friends, so just extract this to your rF folder and no more looping air-wrench.

http://www.mediafire.com/?uabhma284azd1xu

5. muzarati

muzarati

Ratings:
    +26
    Yes there is that looping air-wrench sound as well as the announcer, I'm not sure but I don't think it would be that audible in the race car, at least I've never noticed it watching the on-boards? (V8 Factor by the way)

6. Scorpio015

Scorpio015

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm still trying to piece together a hrt sound for the hrt cars its very very hard work

7. mitchell186

mitchell186

Ratings:
    +0
    i can imagine it being hard work ..
    i myself have no idea people like yourself obtain and make sounds for them.
    it would be curious to see the sounds when ORSM release the mod

8. modmad

modmad

Ratings:
    +33
    Not too sure if this is the right place but i did some changes to the backfire sound, i am also doing some for the fvr mod as well, have a listen and let me know what you think.
    video link -

9. mitchell186

mitchell186

Ratings:
    +0
    i checked it out just then modmad, sounds very nice to me. good effort :)

10. FlashQld

FlashQld

Ratings:
    +30
    Muzarti drive FVR - never - he's a V8Factor fan through and through but we don't discriminate at FVR, after all he's a Kiwi as well and we still treat him nicely. Interesting that you should mention that ambient sound, never noticed it before.

11. Gavin.G

Gavin.G

Ratings:
    +51
    Lol a multi modder! I guess it's not unheard of.

12. muzarati

muzarati

Ratings:
    +26
    not sure about being a modder but the guys over at FVR are the best bunch of guys I think you could find, always helpful and I have learned a lot from them. It also has a great community feel about it, I also respect their work and even though I don't drive their mod full time (I have however downloaded their latest version to have a look at when I get a chance), I think they have done an a awesome job and the amount of work they release is quite phenomenal.

13. Michael51

Michael51

Ratings:
    +0
    If anyone wants to try a different Holden sound just say and I'll upload an alternative

14. modmad

modmad

Ratings:
    +33
    @ Michael51 new sounds are more than welcome.

15. still_bacon

still_bacon

Ratings:
    +159
    Keep your eye out as I am sure there has been someone sneaking around Rick Kelly's Stratco shed with a tape recorder. The only Man I know who can keep not only a V8Supercar, but a V8Supercar driver in is shed just for ****s and giggles!!!!.

16. Nigel Roberts

Nigel Roberts

Ratings:
    +0
    Thats a strange add

17. still_bacon

still_bacon

Ratings:
    +159
    Did someone ask for sounds????

Maybe this might be usefull??

18. Doug62

Doug62

Ratings:
    +201
    I thought it was a great add. Well done. Had a good laugh.

19. mitchell186

mitchell186

Ratings:
    +0
    would be sweet if we could get like a on-board view of the mod with the sounds going :p

20. Mitchell Woodward

Mitchell Woodward

Ratings:
    +19
    wow i justed listen to those sounds and my jaw droped very very very very good job i must admit