1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

V8 Supercars: Tasmania Preview

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RaceDepartment, Apr 5, 2013.

1. RaceDepartment

RaceDepartment
    Administrator Staff

View the Post on the Blog

2. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

I there is one thing I hate about V8 Supercars, it's the way it's been completely whored-out (forgive the expression) by sponsorship.

EVERYTHING has a sponsor.

Like the Pedders Lap Counter, or the fact that this particular round is called "Microsoft Office".
    And how could I forget the Dunlop Safety car. Not just any ordinary safety car, it's a Dunlop safety car.

The cars aren't so much cars anymore, rather they're just moving billboards with a collage of advertisements on them.

I truly hope that formula 1 doesn't ever turn out like this.

3. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin
    Premium Member

Formula one is just this ; front page advert for manufacturers , then sponsorship on top .... all motorsport is going this way (if it isnt there already) thats just the way it is .The tv companies now have to pay a fortune to televise it so they add in there tied sponsorship and we are were we are ...
    This is the world we live in (unfortunately) but as long as the racing is good and he prevalence of free streams (legal) continues the sponsorship is a small price to pay for us the viewers

Andi