rF2 V8 Supercars @ Surfers Paradise - Monday July 11th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
What a evening.
Race 1, was in 12th position and had some help reducing that to position 17. Worked my way back up and again got demoted to 17th. Stayed in the fight and worked my way bak to 8th. OK so there was a few casualties which helped with my promotion.

Race 2, hit the tires going into the double chicane rolling the car causing confusion there, on the replay i see i took Wayne with me, sorry Wayne and who ever was involved in my accident. Managed to regain composure and worked hard to catch the leaders managing to catch Adam and finish 6th, again thanks to retirements.
Thank's Adam a great evening
Thanks RD

Erik, you had a good run in the 2nd race too bad you crashed so late in the race. :(

I had good fun with Matt for like 3-4 laps until a slight mishap in the first corner.

Thanks again Adam for hosting these events and congrats to Gary and all podium finishers.

great night started of thinking this is going to be a nightmare new track and all but as the night went on i got into it abit more had a great blast in the second race with roy would of helped if i had some steering lol cheers adam for hosting and all at the back lol

Quali: Stuffed up every lap so got 8th.

Race 1: Got blocked in by Gary's incident at turn 3 which dropped me to 14th. Managed to get up to 10th after passing an incident at turn 6 and then up to 7th passing a few others. I had Anders on my tail and he droppes back through the esses a couple of laps in. I looked to see what happened, missed my braking point and hit the wall. Went to pit but got masses of lap and went off into the wall. Eventually the lag stopped and I could reverse out of wall but I lost a whole lap. Had to pit to fix the damage which cost me another lap. Just trotted around on my own for a bit, picking up places due to others mishaps, and then crashed again. Pitted again and came out in 13th chasing Sergio who had issues. Finished 1 second behind him.

Race 2: Made a good start but had to cut the corner to avoid contact with Gary. I let him back though on the exit though and we had a nice little battle with others for a few turns. I found myself in 6th, only to keep hitting the inside walls and wrecking the suspension. I made a mistake which let Matt back past, and then another one let Tobias through and another let Ross through. I had 20 seconds back to the car behind and I was pulling away so I took it steady, only to lose the back end on the brakes into turn 1. Car was awful now, missing the front splitter and several other body panels to go with the suspension damage and the out of position tracking. The gap was reduced behind to 13 seconds and it kept getting smaller very quickly. With a lap to go, Mike was only 2 seconds back and pressurised me well before making a few mistakes, allowing me to roll home in 5th as others retired.

Thanks for racing :)

Loved both races a whole heap,i dont remember any incidents at T3 race one Adz :(?...done a bad "clunk" down to 2nd gear midway at T1 and speared to the left behind the gap in the wall under serious pressure from Tobi looking for P1 back..recovered 5th from that and enjoyed buying in to Matt and Waynes fight for 2nd place,much fun reclaiming that back,ofcourse Tobi long gone.
Race 2 i got one of my good starts and jumped to Ross's right side and attempted a run,but ended up out of room smudging the wall and slotting in behind,all a bit of a blur of bright colours and noise really for me,but it seemed like everyone came out the other side and on with the scrappin',a bit of early doors bravado from me maybe...inspired by the car in race one giving me incredible grip and performance from the starts,and so it was doing again,more fun with Matt and Wayne and then fierce push on Erik who was looking good for a while until he got in a knot powering out of an exit which was enough for me to take the lead and held to finish.
Grats Tobi and all podiums and finishers.

Big thanks Adz & RD

had a great evenings racing

2x3rds which i was happy with

tryed to keep gary behind me in both races,but it was not to be
he stayed close behind me in both races untill i made a mistake,and then he pounced
great racing gary,had a few other battles as well,thanks all that raced

thanks to adam and rd

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back