rF2 V8 Supercars @ Surfers Paradise - Monday July 11th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
If people are getting mismatches just to make it clear, the track does not go in the FVR tracks folder like all their other tracks, just put the FVRGoldCoast folder directly into the locations folder and it'll work. Just to clarify ;)

Well another great night racing, slightly ruined by "technical difficulties" lol....

Qualy, was 10th, could have been 8th had i stuck my qualy laps but mistakes cost me. I really have to improve there....

Race 1: Off the line i grabbed 7th through the first couple of corners, then had an incident a little later when i couldnt avioid Eefting spun in the middle of the track, but didnt lose positions. Was running 6th, Anders chasing me, he slowly ate away at my gap but spun before he could pass, and i ended up crossing the line around 4 seconds safe from him in 6th, which i was happy with :)

Race 2: 4th on the grid, i realised as soon as we took off my G27 was pulling left, very hard to steer, i hate when it stuffs up. I had to cut the first 2 chicanes and lost heaps of positions as i struggled to go straight. Was 9th when i decided that it would be unsafe for me to continue....i dont know why my wheel does this sometimes, but oh well. So i pulled out of that race whilst i still could.

Any ideas why sometimes my g27 just seems to temporarily do this? i know if it happened in practice simply returning to pits and taking off again solves it, but i cant do that in a race :p

Anyways, big group of people was heaps of fun, i cant come for the next two weeks due to holidays but will be there the week after :) thanks guys!

Wasn't intending on taking part tonight, but glad i could as it gives me some more valuable V8 miles under my belt for the enduros later this year. Not the easiest track to learn and get the hang of the V8's again on, but eventually i got comfortable enough to run some clean laps. Qualifying didn't go too well, but i was still 8th or 9th, and in the race i picked up a few positions to end up 4th, which became 5th after Gary overtook. Now i hoped to latch onto the back of him and catch the group ahead, but i lost my front splitter and all i could do now was hold station.

The start of race 2 was a bit mental- i'm sure we were 4 wide into turn 1- but we all escaped unharmed (mostly) Then into turns 3 & 4 there was more paint-swapping , but more in avoidance than aggression it has to be said. Eventually, i found myself in 4th chasing down Wayne, and he was visibly struggling in the last couple of laps. However, i almost barrel-rolled at the esses, plus made another mistake, so i couldn't try an overtake.

Overall, a very good event. Thanks Adam & RD, and well done Gary & Tobias on the wins.

Qualy: Do only set a bad lap, couldn't make all three sectors fast.

Race 1: Started when the green lights came and created some trouble behind. Got past driver who crashed, and had a mistake battle with Anders. :) Finished 8th.

Race 2: Started from 2nd came onto 1st before 1st corner. Was there until 10 min left, Gary got past. 6 minutes with awesomeness just pushing and pushing perfect each lap. At least until there were 2 min left when I rolled and wrecked the car.

Enjoyed doing the V8's for some reason today. :)

Also backmarkers, watch your mirrors. Had some scary moments in both races.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back