rF2 V8 Supercars @ Surfers Paradise - Monday July 11th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
V8s_f_640.jpg

(Flyer courtesy of Can Ozcelik)

Server name:
RACEDEPT.COM V8 CLUB
Mod:
V8 Factor Unleashed Beta V0.9 + 2010 Unleashed Season Add-On (Download links are at the bottom of each of the posts)
Track:
Surfers Paradise (Race 20A Nikon Super GP Sunday)

19:00 GMT: Practice
19:30 GMT: Qualification
19:40 GMT: Warm-up
19:45 GMT: Race (2x20 minutes, BTCC-esque Second Race Reverse Grid (See Note 1 for details))

Server password:
click here
Racing rules:
click here

Notes:

A reverse grid will be used to determine the grid for race 2 based on the system currently in use for BTCC. The amount of cars to be reversed will depend upon the last digit of the winner's race time and is as follows:

0 and 1: Top 6 reversed
2 and 3: Top 7 reversed
4 and 5: Top 8 reversed
6 and 7: Top 9 reversed
8 and 9: Top 10 reversed

The engine upgrades should be left as the manufacturer's engine and not changed to the driver's engine, as the driver's engine upgrade will produce 3-5BHP less than the manufacturer's one.

We are not using the WV8S11 League Mod. Please make sure you have a separate install with the V8Factor Unleashed Base Mod + 2010 Unleashed season add-on which you can find above.
  • Licensed Members are encouraged to share images, videos and race reports in this thread.
Signup List
To signup simply press the button below!

[signuplist]196[/signuplist]

I've always loved the V8 Supercars and downloaded the mod yesterday to give it a go. All I can say is there's been a lot of big grinning going on since then!

Anyhoo, I'm trying to drive them as intended (ie. auto-clutch, auto-blip all off and using the sequential gear setting on my G25 stick) and it's bloody hard work, but fun. I'm thinking of having a go at this race, but just want to check what a respectable race lap would be for this track?

Dont worry too much about lap times theres usually a good spread of drivers so no matter what your pace you'll have someone to race with :) and you'll be able to share setups with some of the guys as well, and for that reason alone it can be well worth it to attend, as most setups can be taken more or less from track to track and it'll improve your pace in the future :) anyways have fun!

Too early to be seeing respectable lap times. I'm pretty sure I'll start practicing for this race on the day it happens, just like with most Club events nowdays. The rest of my time is swallowed by the V8 league and them french thingies called Clios. Little FWD buggers !

i seem to be having a problem installing track when installed it comes up with error unknown TOKEN please advise i have tied to install it twice and delite it and started again but it did nt work please advise

i seem to be having a problem installing track when installed it comes up with error unknown TOKEN please advise i have tied to install it twice and delite it and started again but it did nt work please advise

Are you running the same rfactor installation as your WV8's install? if so, because of the new updates to the WV8s you will have to reinstall V8 factor unleased and the 2010 add on, then it should work.

Unfortunately I'm going to have duck out of this one, something has come up. It's annoying as I was looking forward to this. Hopefully I can make the next event.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back