rF2 V8 Supercars @ Pukekohe Park - Monday 2nd May 2011 [EU]

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Was fun ... While it lasted.

Q : P12. Again, nothing special. Some way off my PB, but still felt decent. I wish I could do those flying laps a bit better. I own Matt an excuse for messing him up 3 minutes before the end of the Qually by re-entering the track unsafely. I thought he already overtook me, but it wasn't the case.

R1 : Decent start, maybe should've applied a bit more pressure to the guys infront of me, but I choose to be safe and wait for opportunities. They came, but in the form of people spinning out upfront, rather then me overtaking someone. Ended up 9th.

R2 : Started on pole ... WTF ?! I had a catapult-sort of a start, but the pressure of being race leader caught up to me. Led the race for 2 whole laps. Yay ! That's an achievement ! Eventually the car behind me caught up to me. I was a bit slower in one turn and he clipped me. Nothing serious, didn't shake me or anything like that, but the car picked up some damage, which made it act weird. After that in the approach to the last corner, I've figured out what the damaged part was, when my rear just swayed away from the line I was taking. Either diffuser got broken, more likely, or the rear wing, not very likely as I had it set to 1 anyways. Anyhow, picked up a bit more damage from that sway. Car started to go a bit right, but it was still driveable. Eventually thou, I spun out on the exit of the hairpin, which caused a puncture and lost front splitter. Had to pit. Got lapped. Ended up being 12th at that time.
Then out of nowhere, while braking for the hairpin, my wheel stopped working. Brakes were on, but steering and downshifting were gone. Had to quit.
Wish I can end up being pole sitter a bit more often then that. It's something I need experience with. Glad I made that ultra fast start and was able to lead for 2 whole laps, but ... it could've went a bit better I think.
Anyways - great V8 races as usual. Thanks to everybody that showed up and special thanks to Adam for setting this up and clearing the "gone server" issue so fast.

Excellent fun race one with a very racey Adz,oh it got nice and physical,but never anything over the top :).
Race two was shaping up the same as well until my router suddenly randomly reset itself near the midway point >:/.

Thank you Adz & RD

Very fun race!!! Had a nice battle with Can Ozcelik. We battled door to door for a few laps, took his position when he got loose. Also had a fight for position with Roger Prikken. Roger was patient waiting for me to make a mistake to gain my position which I did, he passed cleanly in R2 I think. R1-11th place, R2-9th. Thanks Adam!

Great night of racing :tongue:

Quali: Got 3rd just off of pole.

Race 1: Gary jumped me at the start, I got him back at the hairpin on lap 1. I spent a few laps closing in on Ian but then went wide at the exit of turn 3. Rejoined behind Gary and I was all over him like a rash. Closed easily in the braking point for the hairpin which led to me getting sideways a few times trying to avoid and even included a couple of taps, but was losing time out of turn 4 at the start of the straight so it evened itself out. Made a couple of half spins which dropped me back but I closed the gap back up but Gary was just that little bit better and beat me to the line. Finished 4th.

Race 2: Started 6th and made some good progress early on but I threw that away with a half-spin in the hairpin. Chased after Gary again and took him out of the final corner, but he got me back on the back straight. I caught up to Richard after Gary DC'd and had a great battle with him. We exchanged places a couple of times before we had a bit of an accident (probably 50/50). I waited for him and he wanted me to carry on lol. Finished 5th.

Great fun tonight :) And I think I've discovered why I'm slow at Yas Marina...too many 2nd gear corners :frown: Oh well need to fix that.

Thanks all for racing :)

Oh and the results:

Race 1
Race 2

Q: P6 but imo Ford was quite slower than Holden here so i'm happy to start from that pole.

R1: Good start, gained position, but on Lap 2 I spun and broken my car a bit. I was driving on last place and in lap 5 game freezed and I have to restart my PC. Then I realized that I have no internet and can't participate in race 2. Ehh..

See you next Monday! :)

Probably yeah. :)
Ryan posted showed it ones i believe that they are the same. Will search it for it.
Edit: found it

V8supercardifference.png

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back