1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

V8 Supercars @ Porto - Thursday November 17th 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Péter Bártfai, Nov 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM V8SC
    Car: FVR V8 Supercars 2011 (download here + patch)
    Track: Porto
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07

21:00 EST (02:00 GMT): Practice
    21:30 EST (02:30 GMT): Qualification
    21:50 EST (02:50 GMT): Warmup
    22:00 EST (03:00 GMT): Race (2x25 minutes)

Server and teamspeak password: click here
    We encourage all our drivers to use Teamspeak 3 (download). Talking directly to your fellow drivers increases the fun and the ability to share information in an easy way. It will improve your driving skills dramatically. Click the banner below to log in to TS3.

[​IMG]

Entrylist:
    To sign-up for this event simply leave a post in the thread below.
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Peter Ross
    3. Driver
    4. Driver
    5. Driver
    6. Driver
    7. Driver
    8. Driver
    9. Driver
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Driver

2. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Cant race period on Thursdays, Possibly make these a weekend event? i'm devastated that this is on Thursdays.

But awesome track! Didn't even know we had it. Here's a preview, Not bad for knowing the track literally for only five laps.

3. Maybe Marco can find a place for it:)

4. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

@hiroshi,

If you want, I can make the sunday evening event V8's. Then the Porshes will be EUR only.
    Other option is a special event, but that will take at least 3 weeks before we can fit that in :) Coming 2 weeks are covered for already.

5. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Lets leave it how it is for now for i'm curious if people will sign up. If no one shows then maybe we can try Sundays.

Also have you guys got your hands on the RSR V8SC Trackpack yet?

6. I hope some people will sign-up!:) No, I didn't see that trackpack yet, downloading it now to check it.

7. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

sign me up please
    TS for sure

no problem if it gets changed

8. What do you guys think of the sound of these cars? I think they sound great. wish it was louder! V8's sound so awesome to me.

9. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Stuart, I love these cars and sounds so much i don't count sheep when i can't sleep! I listen to these to calm myself to sleep.:wink::D

10. I'm not sure that the Porto track is a good place for me to race on.....he he it's pinball city if you get it wrong!!!

As far as the "days" for events go....Thursday is the only one at this stage that i can make....it's the usual cant suit everyone scenario!

I have had a thought though - not too sure how it would go down....but why not rotate the events in the US/Euro servers

For example:Thurs V8's at Porto in the Euro server - which gets switched over to Sunday, V8's at Porto in the US server, while Thurs in the US server could be Radicals at Tunderforest long - which would get switched to the Euro server for the Sunday? Hope that makes sense???

Although the times may not suit all - it gives you a spread of attempts to run a car/track combo....also could do away with the "wrong server" issue we encountered the other day where a driver was sitting in the wrong server waiting for all the others to arrive - meanwhile they were in the "correct" server ready to run....

Just a thought!
    Chris

11. The only thing you need to avoid while racing on Porto is pushing too much! And you should take extra care in the last chicane. If you do that you'll be fine. These cars actually have a very nice soft handling so they won't move around too much.

If everybody drives carefully and don't try passing in every corner (especially at the twisty part of the track), everything should be fine!

About the switching thing I'm not sure, but I'll think about it.

12. Purely the reason for the suggestion - something to think about :)

Chris

13. Server is up!

14. sign me up please.

15. I am getting the incompatible game version message, I re-applied the patch to make sure, but no luck as of yet. Is the server running the new game update for Race '07?

16. Yes it is, I updated it this afternoon.

17. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n
    Premium Member

I'd love to race tonight but I see there are only 2 other rsignups. I wonder how many other people look at that on the day of the race and pass on it like I was going to do?

I am downloading the new version of the mods and the patch. I'll put it on and test it. Hopefully I'll make it in time to get to the track and race but if not I'll try to be there the next events.

I am trying to figure out how to overcome this impasse. I am positive there are enough people in the US able and willing to race at this times. It's going to take an extra effort to make decent fields happen in the US time zone.

I wonder if posting a weekly schedule at NoGrip and at the SimBin forum for at least enough weeks until we raise more participants would be possible. Anyone know their policies?

18. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

A very competitive group of three we had tonight!!!
    Myself, I took three seconds off the best time I had this afternoon in the EU races. While I do all my own setups, everything comes slowly to me, always. Someday it will all come together and I'll be able to actually get it all to work.

R1: I managed to avoid the pileup.
    R2: I got thru the stalled traffic but killed my car less than a lap later.

I spell this track h-o-r-r-i-b-l-e !

19. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n
    Premium Member

I guess I was the "Stalled Traffic" :)

I was actually doing better than expected. 2lapsand not a scrape on the car. Then I miss the braking point and good bye. One of the wheels just bounced down the road.

This is a track for much less powerful cars.

But the mod is excellent. I have been racing the rFactor version and this is better by far. It would be a pity to let it go.

I would love to help bring in more participants for the US races (and teh EU ones too, don;t get me wrong). Send me a PM and let's talk about how to promote the "racingclub".

In my mind,the goal should be to have at least 2 or 3 races a week with 10 to 15 drivers. The more the merrier but I think we can manage that if we work at it for some time.

It would be nice if we could form a core group of at least 5 or 6 people that commit to race every event (within reason) so that anyone coming from places like NoGrip or other forums wouldn't find only 2 drivers signed up and just move along never to return. It's like a restaurant. If it's empty people look in the window and they move on to the one down the street that has an hour waiting list. It's just the way it works. But I am convinced that if we show a few sign ins more people are going to sign up.

One of the problems is that no one signs up early in the week just to see how many sign up before they do so they don't have to commit to it. It's a positive feedback loop (negative in this case).

20. This track was too much for me. I tried a few practise laps and couldnt keep off the walls. I need alot more practise. This track a killer!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.