1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V8 Supercars @ Melbourne - Sat May 8th 2010

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Eric Nelson, May 3, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

Mod: FVR V8 2009 Aussie V8 Supercar Series

Track: Melbourne

Weather: Dry

Start Time: 21:45 EDST / 18:45 WDST / 01:45GMT
    Practice: open server
    Qualification: 15mins (9:45 EDST)
    Warmup: 10mins
    Race: 2x15 laps

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
  2. Thunder on the "street course" at the Melbourne City Center! These cars are really strong but too many taps on the wall can bend even these beauties! Can you get thru 15 laps with a good car?
  3. Entry List:

1. Jan Somers
    2. Rhys Gardiner
    3. Carl Gianetti
    4. driver
    5. driver
    6. driver
    7. driver
    8. driver
    9. driver
    10. driver
    11. driver
    12. driver
    13. driver
    14. driver
    15. driver
  4. sign me up pls
  5. Yes Please Mr. Nelson. :)
  6. Carl Gianetti

Carl Gianetti
    Premium Member

Think I solved my problem
    Sign me up
  7. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

let's fill that up, i'm a maybe depending how the hockey game goes. if there is no over time i will be there just in time for qualy :wink:
  8. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

c'mon guy's, cool cars and nice track its gonna be lots of fun :wink:
  9. I am totally Shot guys so I am out for tonight! I really want to try out this mod again but the "output files" are still not working for me and I have no clue about the track layout.

I'll request the server forya though!
  10. Ill join ya guys. Ive never tried the mod but ill dl it now and give it a shot.
  11. I'll give the v8's a blast.

think i'll just be making up the numbers tho :tongue:
  12. The server is showing 2 unknown classes for me along with the 2 classes in the mod and I cant join the server.
  13. I downloaded it again and reinstalled a few times but still shows some unknown and cant join. I at least got to play the mod in off line mode and liked the cars so maybe I can get it to work for another event.
  14. Hey Tyer you have to get the 1.51 update.
  15. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

thats was great fun too bad we were only 6, thanks Eric for setting the event and thanks to RD for the hardware :star:
  16. Just a note to Yves (your PM box is full mate): We didn't touch. I lost connection in race 2, and had to quit... it wasn't your fault in any way.
  17. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Yep, it was fun. Yves sent me a friendly message to point this one out to me, but since it was Mothers Day, I asked my wife for "permission" and downloaded the Mod and joined. At least I knew the track.

I hadn't tried this version of the mod before, but had run the older version. This one was quite different, it contained the new model Falcon, and the physics has changed a lot. The models look nice, and the handling seemed good, although quite twitchy and certainly tricky when the tyres get worn. I have a slight concern about the collision bubble though, or maybe it was lag, not sure. See my later comments.

During practice, I popped in one of the setups included in the download (the middle diff setting I think) which seemed about right, with a minor adjustment ot two.
    Qualy: I noticed you could select soft tyres, so gave them a try and fluked pole, probably because I was the only one using softs.

Race 1: Good battle early with Yves and Rhys, but made a few early mistakes. After loosing the tail on lap 2, I had a "strange" moment with Rhys. He was close behind, and then went off into the sand. Looking at the replay, it is possible that we may have touched, but the replay shows a clear gap between us. :confused:
    For the rest of the race I was able to almost keep Yves within reach, but each time I made a small mistake, he would increase the gap. I was struggling towards the end with shot tyres (used mediums), but held a comfy second. Grats to Yves for a good win.

Race 2: Much more action for me. Off the start line, Rhys dived left to avoid William but nudged me, resulting in me hitting Joseph who seemed to be stationary ???. Sorry mate, nothing I could do. On lap 2, I must have tapped Jan spinning him. Again, I thought I had left room, and my replay shows no contact, but we must have touched. :sorry: Jan pulled of a brilliant 360 deg spin and took off again as I waited. Along the next straight, I slowed to type my apology to Jan but was hit by William. Thanks for waiting William, but you didn't need to, it was partly my fault for going slow there.
    The poor old Ford was looking and handling pretty second hand by now, and the leaders were long gone (30 seconds or more), so it was a lonely drive until I caught Jan, and noticed that Rhys had dropped out while leading (what a shame Rhys). Yves was waaaay ahead, so I just kept the car on the road to take second again.

Well done to Yves, dominant as usual, and thanks to those who joined. Even though it was a small group, these cars were fun.
  18. My Fault! I f can't find that original patch anywhere with the output files and I forgot to post the patch thread!

DammiT!!!!! sorry Tyler my bad..........
  19. No big deal Eric :). Where abouts can I get the 1.51 patch?
  20. Warren you hit me on the start because i went on the wrong lights, i saw them turn green on the track and went and i got a stop n go. Completely my fault :redface: