rF2 V8 Supercars @ Melbourne - Monday March 21st 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Man, I'm having a blast driving these ... things :D
Even that my left wrist is still hurting quite a bit, I keep grinding mid 1:56s with race setup and a huge grin on my face :D
Screw pain - V8 is the cure ! ;)

Best thing I've figure out so far - don't touch the initial default setup and try to get used to the car. Instead of making the car work the way you think is best, try setting yourself to work best with the car ;)

The only change I've made was to move the brake bias slightly forward, because I suck at braking and that makes me safer under braking. Yes, brake distance gets bigger, but at least I'm not sliding my back out when I try to brake hard. If you have troubles with the really fast corners, where you're feeling like you're loosing the back end, try a bit more wing, if you can't get your right foot to work gentler on the throttle. Also, if you need to upshift while cornering, you might wanna ease off a bit to help stop the car suddenly make an oversteer snap at you. The rest is just practice with the right foot really.
I can of course, send you my current race setup together with a hotlap if you still need it, but the setup is still under works I feel. Haven't touched anything in the suspension and advanced settings yet. Too scared to touch there I think :D

Can anyone divulge any setup tips that might help me complete a lap?

Best thing I've figure out so far - don't touch the initial default setup and try to get used to the car. Instead of making the car work the way you think is best, try setting yourself to work best with the car ;)

That is probably the best bit of advice you could get. You need to remember that these cars are heavy and powerful so take a while to stop and can be twitchy on the throttle.

Roy Magnes

Gentleman Driver
Premium
Adam, you can take me off the list. I will do the rally as originally planned this monday, and be back blowing your hats off the next monday instead :wink:

They only have steel brakes too, which makes braking so much harder.

yea, i would add to this that they take much more heat and as they are steel, they will lock-up way more easily, i did look for my brake temps for few laps and they were around 700... and locked almost instantly i pressed pedal.. after putting cooling to the brakes to 3-4 there was much more traction in brakes itself and didint lock-up

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 92 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 128 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 85 17.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.9%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 48 9.9%
  • €3001-5000