rF2 V8 Supercars @ Melbourne - Mon May 31st 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Me too thanks.
Anyone else having issues with the cockpit of the Holden? I seem to be in the footwell? can't move the camera ingame to correct the view.

I regret to say that the Cole Train is cancelled for tonight. I've had a thumping headache all day and it's making it extremely painful to concentrate my pc screen, moreso to actually drive. Was really looking forward to seeing what these cars were all about too. :(

Balls. Spent most of today working on the kart and just got back for some food - realised that my rear axle bearings are broken and thus it is causing more work than I thought. :( I had the idea that it would require cleaning and that's it. NOPE. Sorry guys, gunna have to sign out - hope I can get it all fixed for weds WTM.

[Daniel Ouff
Anyone else having issues with the cockpit of the Holden? I seem to be in the footwell? can't move the camera ingame to correct the view. ]

hi
tried "upgrade" in the list-box of your car, can choice rollbar or not, heavy FFB or low ecc.. sure you have set your keys for camera:)
other thing I dont know:)

C U

nice racing. 1st race had duel with Adam at start and he protectected his line perfectly until made a mistake,
enjoyable drive there and look for pass. in the end of race catched Kjell too and got past, think he got me instant
and then made move again :D but on final lap made mistake on braking and he got past and took podium. well done.
2nd race tuned setup a bit and on 1st few laps wondered whatta hell i went and did because had the fastest lap
allready on race 1. but eventually it turned out to be ok. except Gary was pressuring nonstop and coulndt really
relax and drive but look into mirrors whole race and allmost forced error out of me, luckily he made it 1st!

That was awesome. Had poor practise, during the day had hayfever and during the evening session I was sick costing me a good deal of set-up time. Decided to race anyway and going into quali I raised the rear wing angle. This worked well had about 1 sec more pace than I did before but was unable to show it due to a couple mistakes. Qualied a 2:01.

Race 1, had a good start, made up two places but I believe lost both into turn 1 :p went as cautious as possible. Managed to hold off 10th and just onto the back of Toni and Adam. By time Toni got past Adam I was on his tail before he then span. Managed to hold off a lonely 8th before missing a braking point, shooting me off into the gravel. This put me 10th behind Valerio and (Sorry, dno your names not on the entry list :p). Managed to get past 9th when he ran wide into final turn. Managed to hold onto back of Valerio I believe i touched him a couple times. I was a bit laggy as I forgot to turn my music off. Managed to get past built up a bit of a lead before final lap made the same mistake again. This time I kept 8th but both 9th and 10th were right on my tail but managed to finish 8th.

Race 2 was 2nd, jumped the lights, broke and then couldn't get car going again as it was down at 1k revs. Sorry for whoever hit me there. Served my drive through and was towards the back. Managed to get past a couple cars before arriving at the wing of Adam. Had a great battle with him lasted the whole race. Made no mistakes I beilive just slight small ones but caught upto him again when I did. Only had 1 real chance, he had a bad exit out of last turn, I got past, broke a bit late into t1, he got me back. Last few laps I noticed i was about 2l short of fuel. Started saving fuel. Only to then realise on the last lap I needn't had as we did a lap less than the leaders for some reason.

Thank you so much to Ryan for organizing this. Thanks to everyone who raced and to RD for hosting :).

nice race
Race 1 I did not understand when I had to start:) but Im start ! Nice battle with Roman and Lee but about at the end of the race I had problem of lag so lost 2 or 3 break-point and lost all my advantage and so lost 2 positions but nice and clear race.

Race 2 incredible at start jump from 10th to 6th after 3 turns but no problem I lost immediatedly my position:D. At lap 5 Adam attack me in T3 when we jump out of curve
I push a bit more on accelerator, lost car hit a wall damage suspension, go in pit after 40 sec. jump on track and push, front me at 13sec my goal but only 5 minutes of race finish the race at 1 or 2 sec from Taulborg .

Congratulations to the winners and All drivers Thanks to Ryan and RD

C U on track

PS No Problem Lee :peace:

Forgot how fun these cars are!

Q - got pole by a teeny margin from Anders

R1 - away okayish but Anders got the jump. However he was very tentative in T1 and I went stright through again. I felt comfortable immediately and I was able to pull a nice little margin out. Gary got past Anders - but I was able to pull away by an average of .5 a lap each lap aside from one mistake from Gary - finished clear by 9 seconds.

R2: started 9th on the reverse grid - and then jumped the start by a calendar month! This meant I had a drive-thru but hey i was up to 3rd anway :). The drive-through dropped me back to where I started. Picked my way through - Kjell was a stumbling block - just nowhere to pass - folowed him for 3 laps and noticed he was struggling a little in fast corners so tried to line him up - he ran wde out of the fast chicane I was through to 4th. Wayne binned it on the next lap and I was in 3rd. Which is where I stayed - was able to close a little on the guys in front but they were too far ahead.

Thanks to those who raced - was good fun.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%