rF2 V8 Supercars @ Hamilton - Monday June 27th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
One of the best nights of racing I've ever had. :)

Quali: Somehow pulled out a lap to take Pole by about 0.01 seconds. Top 4 were within a tenth.

Race 1: Made a good start ad Anders pulled alongside and tried going around the outside in turn 1. I gave him room and we stayed side-by-side to turn 2. I managed to out-brake him to take the lead. Tried to pull away but Anders wasn't having any of it. He kept closing in before dropping behind Gary. I knew Gary was going to just sit there and wait for me to make a mistake or for him to line himself up for a pass in the final sector where he was quicker. A couple of times he got a better run out of the final corner but I could hold on into turn 1 and pull away slightly in the first two sectors. Final lap and he's all over me. I made a mistake into the 2nd to last corner so he tried his luck around the outside. I just managed to close the door in time so he went to the outside for the final time. I braked too early and when I saw the nose of his car to my right, I though he had me. I hit the accelerator a bit too hard which caused the rear end to slide out. I pulled it back in and amazingly found myself still ahead and in a drag race to the line. Just stayed ahead to win by a tenth with Anders right on our tail. Fantastic racing :)

Race 2: Started 8th and made a good start, avoiding the mishaps due to Wayne's jump start on my right. I settled into 5th after turn 1 and then let Wayne through when he attempted to get past as I knew he was going to pit. Lap 2, and I missed the braking point for turn 2 and hit Giuseppe (really sorry). Waited for him to get going so was now down in 9th with the tracking out. Worked my way back up to 6th only for Giuseppe to spin ahead so now 5th. Got past Nikola soon after when he spun into turn 2. I clobbered his car, not much I could do being quite close but at least it straightened the steering allowing me to go a lot quicker. :) Chased down the 6 second gap to Josh and sneaked past with a couple of laps to go to finish 3rd.

Thanks all for racing :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 115 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 90 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 82 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 57 6.4%
  • < 5 years