1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V8 Supercars @ Anderstorp 07 - 14 February 2009

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Cam Wedgwood, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Class: V8 Supercars DOWNLOAD
    Track: Anderstorp 07
    Weather: Dry
    Practice: 9:00 GMT, 30 mins (8.00PM Aust Eastern DST)
    Qualifying: 9:30 GMT, 15 mins (8.30PM AEST) SUPERPOLE
    Race: 9:45 GMT, (8.45PM ADST)Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
    Laps: 2 by 15 laps​
  2. Entrylist:
    1. Warren Dawes
    2. Adrian Lazarescu
    3. Yves Larose
    4. Olaf.j Linortner
    5. Günthar Rowe
    6. Piotrek Blaszczak
    7. Rhys Gardiner
    8. Cam Wedgwood
    9. Driver
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Driver
    26. Driver
    27. Driver
    28. Driver
    29. Driver
    30. Driver
  3. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

I'm not sure everybody realises we have this event on Saturday and Sunday, but I'll be there both nights.

Sign me up for this one too.

Ford of course.
  4. disregard..
  5. Ok then sign me up please:D. I will be using a Ford, this will be my first event.:D
  6. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

i've been testing the mod for 2 days now and i can say that i love it but damn 4 am is a tough hour for racing but since i'm craving racing i'm signing in with the holden :laugh2: i'll still be using the Xbox 360 controler :quiet:
  7. oh yeah

im up for this one ,Ford for me, team voda number 88,
    we all know who will be in 888,dont we ????
  8. 888 here then :) Or a custom skin maybe...?
  9. actually Gunther i was thinking of Warren ,great job that you guys did on the mod
  10. Piotrek Blaszczak

Piotrek Blaszczak
    Premium Member

Sorry for late :).Sing me up please :)
  11. Cheers Olaf, I might sit in TKR even...
  12. Okay - Time for a whole weekend of V8 racing! :laugh2: Sign me up pleez!
  13. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

We have bad electrical storms here right now, so I hoipe the power and internet survives.
    Fingers are crossed.
  14. OOOPS!!! I'm in!! (thanks Olly!)
  15. Valentines, sorry, out here...
  16. Piotrek Blaszczak

Piotrek Blaszczak
    Premium Member

I want to thank you guys for this evening (night) :D
    Small nubers of players but once again i spend great time whit you
    Many to lern for me :D
  17. For the first Evo V8 Supercar race on RD, this was extremely enjoyable.

Qualifying: I always do better in small fields, so I qualified 3rd behind Warren and Yves.

Race 1: I took advantage of the start confusion to assume the lead on the first lap. It was short-lived, however. I was rudely interrupted by my crew chief uttering those four words no-one wants to hear: "Your engine is overheating!" Temporarily distracted by this annoyance, I pushed too hard out of the last corner and stacked it into a wall. End of my race. :doh:

Grats to Cam for the win.

Race 2: I started 3rd again, and took 2nd at the first corner, settling in between Warren and Yves. Yves eventually caught up to me and I was passed. The middle stage of the race was uneventful, but in the final laps Cam sent my heart racing. A pity we couldn't take the battle all the way to the finish, Cam. I finished 3rd, indidentally my third podium finish in as many months.

I love these cars. I'm already looking forward to tomorrow - a bigger field will definitely spice things up! :D Congratulations to Cam for the overall win, and good racing from everybody! :dance2:

18. It must be Valentine's Day, Rhys!!! :love2: :rose-dead:

Race report later...
  19. how sweeeeeet
  20. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Our first event with these V8 Supercars went very well, no major problems encountered with the mod. Well done again Gunthar, it works great.
    These cars showed that they need special care in applying power through these flowing turns, hit the gas too heavily and you are a gonner.

Qualy put me P2 behind a super lap by Yves.

Race 1: Very short unfortunately. I was waiting on the start line, looked away for a second, and suddenly heard Yves roar off the line. I instinctively hit the gas thinking it was green light, then realized Yves had gone waaaaaay early and I stopped again. This gave me a Stop n Go, so I pulled into the pits after the first lap and got confused about how to do it. While looking at the pit menu, my car was shut down and the race was over.
    Spent the time watching the battle for the lead between Cam and Piotrek, very close for most of the race till Piotrek went wide on turn 1. Grats to Cam for his first win, and the first ever win for the V8 Supercars at RD. :clap:

Race 2: Started from P2 next to Yves again, but this time we both waited for the green light :laugh2:. I fluked a rocket start and jumped Yves into turn 1 and opened a small lead. Yves and Rhys then had a battle of the Holdens behind me, allowing me to open a handy 10 sec lead. Apart from one heart stopping and huge mistake in lap 6 (downshifted to first accidently at the end of the runway and went into the turn sideways across the grass), I had a comfortable and clean race, maintaining the gap to Yves and even pulling away as the tyres wore down.
    So we managed to get Aussies winning both races. :)
    Grats to Cam for the overall win. :highfive:

The only issue I noticed was that during the races the countdown timer was weird, huge numbers, but I suspect that is a problem since the new EVO patch.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.