rF2 V8 Supercars @ Adelaide - Monday April 18th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Hmmmm

Theres something not right with this track/car combo.
As soon as the pit started to fill up, my rfactor kept crasjing to desktop with "rfactor stopped workin"
The more people joined, the harder it was to stay in without the error message.

I tried to connect with different cars, even ones which at the time were not being used.

Thought I had done it during warm up, but then when i left the garage, crash it went.

Did some testin on my own server, joined on my own and added AI.... after about 20 AI's were added, off I went again.
Tried on another track, Melbourne, no problems racing against 28 AI drivers.

THink you need to check into this before your league race at Adelaide.

Hope the race went well, gutted I missed it, was doing quite well :frown:

Quali: Didn't get a good lap in, twice had someone come straight out of the pits onto the racing line and ruin the lap before it had even started. Managed to start 12th anyway.

Race 1: Someone decided to be a first lap hero, make that first corner, and punted Adam into the first turn creating a nice wall of V8's for everyone. Tried to continue but the car was a mess, pulled it over on the second lap before I caused a crash.

Race 2: Hoping for something better, didn't really get it in the second race. Manged to go from 25th to 10th with only two competive overtakes, the rest were the result of people wrecking all over the shot. Sorry to Teo for cutting you up at the hairpin, I had no idea you were there. Sadly, after I let Teo back through, I was punted out of P11...decided to give up.

Would love to do more of these races in the future but I think, unless its an open circuit, I'll probably steer well clear.

Rolled it in R1, all my own fault for clipping too much kerb. 47 seconds pit stop. Cruised around avoiding various parts of the Butchermobile which appeared to be scattered around the track. Finished 17th.

R2. Good start from 18th, got bumped into the chicane but managed to keep it going. Sorry for the bump in turn two Teo, I got hit from behind.
Got back on track and got rammed in the straight after turn 8. Didn't want to wait for another lengthy pit stop so quit early.

Thanks for the racing RD Guys.

Q: 14th. 1 second off a pb i set earlier today.

R1: i was the turn 1 hero. sorry to everyone about that.

R2: started last got up to 10th i think by lap 4 but then crashed with butchacho, who had a run in with erik twilight, whos holden was too muchacho for mine and that wrecked my front right sus and i was out.

Sorry Steve. You bounced in the wall and lost some speed. And I didn't react fast enough. 100% my fault. Also sorry to everyone else in the Turn 8 Crash. :frown:

Q: 14th. 1 second off a pb i set earlier today.

R1: i was the turn 1 hero. sorry to everyone about that.

R2: started last got up to 10th i think by lap 4 but then crashed with butchacho, who had a run in with erik twilight, whos holden was too muchacho for mine and that wrecked my front right sus and i was out.

Well, mine and Butchies incideent was also mine.. I was getting lapped and suddenly there were no place to go, bang into the barrier. Bang into Butchie. Sorry again, 100% my fault. :frown:

Good couple of fun races with this excellent mod. Was running well in the first race until i spun like a muppet and had to wait for half the field to go by before i could get going. The closing laps were a good battle with Ryan. Last corner incident in the end and no offence Ryan but while i said i was sorry for the last corner i never said it was all my fault, i understand what you did with the grid for the next race and whatever it's your choice but please just humour me and check the replay, you tried to cover and my nose was already there, no biggie just saying. 2nd race was just as much fun and hectic, a few crazy moments avoiding spinners. Should have been a decent finish but once again spun it like a muppet this time on the last corner of the last lap...... special. Grats to Matt and Gary on their wins, great fun :D

I had a really good time, and found someone to fight in both the races. And I was driving my behind off to catch back up to mr. Canbaz on the final laps of both races, without any luck :tongue: Thanks for the race, guys!

Not too happy, Race 1 Teo missed his braking spot and smashed into me

Race, was doing really well, went round last turn only to find Tony Matthews reversing onto the racing line, so I moved left to avoid him, which happened to be straight into the path of Erik rejoining the track unsafely. I carried on not realising my car was damaged, as soon as I touched the brakes at T1 my car went sideways, taking Ben out.

I saw some silly driving today, just because it is a street circuit doesn't mean we have to crash everywhere...

Race, was doing really well, went round last turn only to find Tony Matthews reversing onto the racing line, so I moved left to avoid him, which happened to be straight into the path of Erik rejoining the track unsafely. I carried on not realising my car was damaged, as soon as I touched the brakes at T1 my car went sideways, taking Ben out.
I know, I should really not do that. But if you look at the replay, you can see it wasn't the point to take you out. I was watching the mirrors to watch out for a gap so I could re-enter the track. But there wasn't and the tire barrier standing against the wall sent me into you. I know, I can excuse my self many many times. And you can complain and complain. But you got to know that I made an error like everyone do.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%