1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V8 Supercars @ A1 Ring - Tuesday May 4th 2010

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Eric Nelson, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Ah yes nothing like a fast wide open track in the mountains of Germany to relocate the ground pounding V8 Supercars!
  2. Entry List:

1. Eric Dennis
    2. driver
    3. driver
    4. driver
    5. driver
    6. driver
    7. driver
    8. driver
    9. driver
    10. driver
    11. driver
    12. driver
    13. driver
    14. driver
    15. driver
  3. I'll be there. Hope others will too.
  4. This will be a gret event for these cars if we can generate interest!
  5. I'd love to race this but can't. Tuesdays are never good for me. This is truly a great track.
  6. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

I'm in!
  7. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

Eric Dennis and I both showed up for this event.
    It is a great fun and difficult track.
    My best for the day was a 1:34.2 that surely could have been bested by several club drivers.
    Eric was working with an Xbox controller as his wheel had failed on him.

R1: I took the lead and tried to keep Eric close behind. He always had me worried as he didn't take to the track much for practice or the Q and I didn't know his pace. Nice that I have a good rear view botton on my wheel, the mirrors on these cars are useless. Distorted blobs show on both of mine and I can't tell where a car is at all. Several times I thought that Eric had to be sandbagging as all of a sudden his pace would quicked, to the point I was going to the max to stay ahead! But I kept my place.

R:2 Eric took the lead off the line and held it for two laps. After going wide in T1 he relinguished it and for this race I decided to drive the way I had been practicing. Strange, I was driving OK and lap times were dropping fairly nicely but Eric remained the same distance behind, hmmmm:confused:. I pressed an opened a gap. At some point Eric disappeared, not even in the pit, maybe disconnected?

Well, I used practice to get used to the car and to get reaquainted with this nice track. It's been a staple of the F1 sim world and a while since I've been on it.
    These would go nicely at Limerock Mountain.

Thanks RD, Eric and Eric!
  8. Liierock mountain wil be making an appearance very soon in more than one class Dennis!

Maybe these beauties on a Saturday or Sunday night there?