• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

V8 Supercars 2013/2014 Mod

Discussion in 'Team ORSM' started by fryzzy28, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Butters

Butters

Ratings:
    +32
    All good was a bit of fun but will leave it up to the professionals. I sincerely hope that one day the ORSM team does create a new V8 Supercar mod based around the COTF. I was willing to offer my time as I was keen to help in any way possible to see you guys create a more current mod as by all accounts yours is the most superior V8 mod available but I've got better things to devote my time to than been kicked in the dick.

Cheers,

2. fryzzy28

fryzzy28

Ratings:
    +12
    I know how you feel butters. I had a lot of respect for what you were trying to achieve. I also hope that ORSM release an updated mod, because unleashed is an amazing mod.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  3. dogdog

dogdog

Ratings:
    +2
    Hope you guys don't give up modding!!

4. Butters

Butters

Ratings:
    +32
    Nah won't be stopping just won't worry about V8's and hope that one day they release a new mod that we all can enjoy. I will just get back to focussing on the dirt stuff for RF2.

Attached Files:

5. fryzzy28

fryzzy28

Ratings:
    +12
    I wont stop modding, probably just let the V8s go though. The Altima was really a test to see if i could create something and actually get it to run in game, which was my original goal.

Just have to see what i feel like doing next.

6. muzarati

muzarati

Ratings:
    +28
    ...and that's the end of that!

7. mceci1

mceci1

Ratings:
    +14
    as far as I see it ORSM is finished, RSM is going to be the new v8s that people use now and their cars are the same sort of detail maybe more

• Like Like x 1
  8. dogdog

dogdog

Ratings:
    +2
    I agree ORSM is gone!

• Like Like x 1
  9. mceci1

mceci1

Ratings:
    +14
    I didn't mean any offence either but there is a lot of RSM work being done at the moment

10. Doug62

Doug62

Ratings:
    +201
    No offense taken on either.

It's great to see a new team working on this. I wish them the best and hope it is a success for them.

Be nice to know more then just RSM though. RSM dosen't mean anything to me. Same for those that read VLM on forums. (Virtual LM) is well know now but even that was a wtf a few years back.

11. mceci1

mceci1

Ratings:
    +14
    It stands for Rock Solid Mates

12. Kurt Stenberg

Kurt Stenberg

Ratings:
    +16
    Hi. I am one of the guys involved in working on the RSM Mod. I'll give you a bit of an intro. We are a bunch of races from the Rock Solid Mates Racing Clan turned casual modders basically. There are 4 of us primarily involved in this project (Carr(Project Manager), Floydie (Physics), InStinct (Modelling) and myself, Stenny (i do what i can)) . All our models are being scratch built by one of our members using Autodesk Maya.
    We have been working on our project for about 7 months. It all started when we got a plain red VF commodore shell in rfactor and start making physics for it. People were excited so we kept going and have tried to turn it into a cleaner product along the way as we learn. Now we have got a VF, E63, Nissan Altima, Volvo S60 and we are currently working on an FGX. We also have a VE ute and miniature versions of our VF, E63 and Ute for a ARC type mod. We are currently still in testing/development and the mod will be available for rfactor 1 when we a happy enough with it and it has all the cars. We have already run a private league to test our physics. The plan is to convert to rfactor 2 when we have all our models for rfactor 1 "complete". We have all slowly learned modding is never a finished process and there is always more you can do.

We sort of have tried to fly under the radar a bit as well to sort of avoid being bombarded by people and also avoid having our content stolen before we actually get it out there. It seems the word has started to spread about what we are up to :).

Hopefully we will have a public release soon.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Doug62

Doug62

Ratings:
    +201
    Thanks for intro Kurt.
    Great to see your well into it and wish you all the best. I hope you don't get bombarded with the usual Beta release crap.
    When your ready will be early enough.
    If you need 2D help, UV ideas, and/or textures like interior, tyres and so on. Let me know.

14. mceci1

mceci1

Ratings:
    +14
    Good progress by the sounds of it, don't give up I want to race this and I am willing to wait, are you using last years or this years skins

15. mceci1

mceci1

Ratings:
    +14
    I can say I watched your video on the WIPs for rfactor and you have done a good job with the cars and noises because I go to watch them at QLD raceway and the sound of the cars is spot on, particularly the Volvo, I thought It would be hard to get the noise right but you have got it spot on couldn't be more accurate, good job so far

16. Kurt Stenberg

Kurt Stenberg

Ratings:
    +16
    I'll be honest we have painted a few real world cars for our league skin pack like HRT, VIP, Nissan, Volvo, Red Bull, Erebus etc but it hasn't really been a priority for us at this stage as most of our beta testers wanted there own skins. Will be something we will look at in future though.

Also thanks Doug.

17. =Fieldzy=

=Fieldzy=
    I'm not your brake! Premium

Ratings:
    +54
    Here is our first mod for rf2 cotf

Attached Files:

18. =Fieldzy=

=Fieldzy=
    I'm not your brake! Premium

Ratings:
    +54
    I
    I mean by our as IGD international game design. Model built by professional 3d game animater

19. mceci1

mceci1

Ratings:
    +14
    It's a good mod isn't it stenny so people should download it if you want the best CoTF mod