1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V8 Supercars 2011 @ Vitus Parc Club - Tuesday June 28th 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Yves Larose, Jun 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Required RACE 07 expansions: None
    Class: FVR V8SC2011 Aussie V8 Touring Cars and FVR V8SC2011 Aussie V8 Touring Cars Patch 1.97.24
    Track: Vitus Parc 2009 v2.0 (4 layouts) Club Layout
    Practice: 21:00 EDT (1:00 GMT)
    Qualification: 21:30 EDT (1:30 GMT) Superpole
    Warm-up: 21:45 EDT (1:45 GMT)
    Race: 21:55 EDT (1:55 GMT) 2x15 laps
    Password: click here

Signup List
    To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)

2. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Server is up guy's !
  3. go on then, i had so much fun on this track last night in the TC's i'm feeling brave enuff to try these beasts :D
  4. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

A beast alright! but one of the best mods to use :cool: Stone Brothers Racing, Shane van Gisbergen "ALL THE WAY" YEAH!!!! :D Uh i have to jam sorry. My parts came in for my car (finally!) need to work on it.
  5. uploaded 2 setups for anyone interested. ran a 12.1 with it but its a massive handful around this track.
  6. maybe, please :)
  7. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

here's my setup for anyone to try.

Attached Files:

8. Fun race 1. good battle with Marco but Yves was clearly the king in the big car today. Ended up getting position on Marco with 1/2 a lap to go in the banked hairpin. heading to the chicane I just get pushed all around and Marco decides to hold his line. its pretty ugly int he chicane and MArco takes P2 at the line. sad ending to a good battle.

@ apologies to Lazlo for the turn around in R2. I misjudged your speed after T1 and couldn't avoid touching you. Sorry mate my bad. Waited and resumed a fun fight until Lazlo finaly makes a big enough mistake and I am able to get by. Chasing MArco but getting bored and leave the race.

9. np eric, things went to crap for me during super pole. i had a good setup and was doing 11's comfortably during practice with full fuel. then the track turned to ice during the super pole and car just wouldn't stick dropping 3 sec's off the mark. i blamed it on tires not getting up to temp in the hotlap, but then it was the same slippery mess for all of race 1. i fell further off the back with each lap. then by race 2 my confidence in the tires was gone and that's not a good feeling when in P1 on the grid. tough race, but managed to stay till the end.

thanks yves and rd for hosting
  10. sorry guys, my gf had a problem with her car and she called me for help..

she called me 5 minutes before qualy...

better luck next time!

I miss racing with you guys.. been a long time.
  11. Sk3ptik0n

Premium Member

Hi Yves, your setup was really good. it gave me an extra second on my lap time.

I was wondering if you could dome a favor. Please check the replay of the last lap in the first race. I was defending against third place and at the chicane I hit the brakes but I totally lost control, went into the grass and it was a mess.

Please take a look and if I did something against the rules or unsportsmanlike, give race 1 #2 position to #3 and #3 to me.

I don't want to win like that.
    At the very least, I must have cut the track (although, I got no warning). Please check, thanks.
  12. Haven't driven these cars in a while, forgot how tough they are. Got unlucky in race 2, this new smoke is cool but definitely a change, was behind Lazlo and Eric when they made slight contact and couldn't see a thing so slowed down to a crawl and got demolished from behind by Vyes. Lost my wing and bumpers and wasn't in the mood to race alone.
  13. Sk3ptik0n

Premium Member

That's how I won that race. I saw the smoke and I saw the cars and by then my car was in the air, so no point in hitting the brakes.
    Miraculously, I went by all the mayhem without a scratch (and in my case that's truly a miracle as I collect DNFs as a hobby) and I could have won the rest of the race driving a fiat 500.
  14. awesome quote!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.