• Racing is not a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

V8 Supercars 2011 @ Vitus Parc Club - Tuesday June 28th 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Yves Larose, Jun 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,866
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM USV8
    Required RACE 07 expansions: None
    Class: FVR V8SC2011 Aussie V8 Touring Cars and FVR V8SC2011 Aussie V8 Touring Cars Patch 1.97.24
    Track: Vitus Parc 2009 v2.0 (4 layouts) Club Layout
    Practice: 21:00 EDT (1:00 GMT)
    Qualification: 21:30 EDT (1:30 GMT) Superpole
    Warm-up: 21:45 EDT (1:45 GMT)
    Race: 21:55 EDT (1:55 GMT) 2x15 laps
    Password: click here

Signup List
    To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)

[signuplist]134[/signuplist]

2. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,866
    Server is up guy's !

3. Lazlo Acera

Lazlo Acera

Ratings:
    +19
    go on then, i had so much fun on this track last night in the TC's i'm feeling brave enuff to try these beasts :D

4. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,068
    A beast alright! but one of the best mods to use :cool: Stone Brothers Racing, Shane van Gisbergen "ALL THE WAY" YEAH!!!! :D Uh i have to jam sorry. My parts came in for my car (finally!) need to work on it.

5. Eric Nelson

Eric Nelson

Ratings:
    +53
    uploaded 2 setups for anyone interested. ran a 12.1 with it but its a massive handful around this track.

6. Marcelo Vargas

Marcelo Vargas

Ratings:
    +18
    maybe, please :)

7. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,866
    here's my setup for anyone to try.

Attached Files:

8. Eric Nelson

Eric Nelson

Ratings:
    +53
    Fun race 1. good battle with Marco but Yves was clearly the king in the big car today. Ended up getting position on Marco with 1/2 a lap to go in the banked hairpin. heading to the chicane I just get pushed all around and Marco decides to hold his line. its pretty ugly int he chicane and MArco takes P2 at the line. sad ending to a good battle.

@ apologies to Lazlo for the turn around in R2. I misjudged your speed after T1 and couldn't avoid touching you. Sorry mate my bad. Waited and resumed a fun fight until Lazlo finaly makes a big enough mistake and I am able to get by. Chasing MArco but getting bored and leave the race.

Cheers

9. Lazlo Acera

Lazlo Acera

Ratings:
    +19
    np eric, things went to crap for me during super pole. i had a good setup and was doing 11's comfortably during practice with full fuel. then the track turned to ice during the super pole and car just wouldn't stick dropping 3 sec's off the mark. i blamed it on tires not getting up to temp in the hotlap, but then it was the same slippery mess for all of race 1. i fell further off the back with each lap. then by race 2 my confidence in the tires was gone and that's not a good feeling when in P1 on the grid. tough race, but managed to stay till the end.

thanks yves and rd for hosting

10. Marcelo Vargas

Marcelo Vargas

Ratings:
    +18
    sorry guys, my gf had a problem with her car and she called me for help..

she called me 5 minutes before qualy...

better luck next time!

I miss racing with you guys.. been a long time.

11. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n

Ratings:
    +222
    Hi Yves, your setup was really good. it gave me an extra second on my lap time.

I was wondering if you could dome a favor. Please check the replay of the last lap in the first race. I was defending against third place and at the chicane I hit the brakes but I totally lost control, went into the grass and it was a mess.

Please take a look and if I did something against the rules or unsportsmanlike, give race 1 #2 position to #3 and #3 to me.

I don't want to win like that.
    At the very least, I must have cut the track (although, I got no warning). Please check, thanks.

12. Glen Kabis

Glen Kabis

Ratings:
    +235
    Haven't driven these cars in a while, forgot how tough they are. Got unlucky in race 2, this new smoke is cool but definitely a change, was behind Lazlo and Eric when they made slight contact and couldn't see a thing so slowed down to a crawl and got demolished from behind by Vyes. Lost my wing and bumpers and wasn't in the mood to race alone.

13. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n

Ratings:
    +222
    That's how I won that race. I saw the smoke and I saw the cars and by then my car was in the air, so no point in hitting the brakes.
    Miraculously, I went by all the mayhem without a scratch (and in my case that's truly a miracle as I collect DNFs as a hobby) and I could have won the rest of the race driving a fiat 500.

14. Günthar Rowe

Günthar Rowe

Ratings:
    +29
    awesome quote!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.