1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

V8 Supercars 2011 @ Most Autodrom - Wednesday June 29th 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Yves Larose, Jun 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

2. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Server is up guy's !

i'm a maybe for this, i'll do my hardest to be there.

3. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

Come on folks, these cars are fun, just like the track :)

4. Can't download the track, Invalid file ID :/

5. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

try this link Frankl Most Autodrom

6. I love to drive the V8's but I never managed to finish a race with them. They're so tricky in my hands. Going to try hard and get it right this time :rolleyes:. Cu in a while.

7. Track and car = lots of fun, sign up people!

8. The wall on the outside of the right/left kink is pretty unforgiving, I reckon finishing either race will be a challenge for me!

9. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Philip i will upload my setup before the start of the event you might want to try it, one trick i have learn with time is to watch the fast guy's do some laps and sometimes do onboard laps with them to see how they drive the car around the track.

10. I keep getting disconected? posible cheat????

11. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Andre have you install the patch ? if so try to delete the mod and reinstall it.

12. from readme install mod:

Pre-installation
    - please delete the following folders if present

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\**you-user-name**\race 07\GameData\Teams\FVR_Addons\FVR_V8SC2011
    C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\**you-user-name**\race 07\GameData\Teams\FVR_Addons\FVR_V8SC2010
    C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\**you-user-name**\race 07\GameData\Teams\FVR_Addons\FVR_V8SC2009
    C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\**you-user-name**\race 07\GameData\Teams\FVR_Addons\FVR_V8SC2008
    C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\**you-user-name**\race 07\GameData\Teams\FVR_Addons\FVRV8_2010
    C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\**you-user-name**\race 07\GameData\Teams\FVRV8_09_Addon
    C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\**you-user-name**\race 07\GameData\Teams\FVRV8_08_Addon
    C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\**you-user-name**\race 07\GameData\Sounds\FVR_V8SC11
    C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\**you-user-name**\race 07\GameData\Talent\FVRV8_10
    C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\**you-user-name**\race 07\GameData\Talent\FVRV8

control this

13. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

here's my setup feel free tp try it.

Attached Files:

14. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium Member

Sorry i couldn;t make it Yves, had a 12 hour shift at work and didn't get home until 1800GMT. It was a nice track as well.

15. Thanks guys, two of the best races I think I've competed in!

Second time I've driven the V8's, probably my favourite car in the world. SO much fun!

Qualified 4th, and after many practice starts when it came to it I completely messed up - I think it was because of the massive frame rate drop I suffered, but I almost ended up 180ing, luckily everyone missed me and I dropped to last.
    Made up a few places on the opening lap, then clipped the curb at the final corner and spun around, dropping to pretty much last. Decided if I carried on and took it easy that I'd gain places from people going off. It worked and I also started getting quicker and quicker, had a couple of good fights, then caught Glen, had a great scrap with him, until I realised there wasn't all that much fuel left in the tank, had to start short shifting and driving defensively, but ran out on the final lap! Still managed 5th though!

Second race I got a decent start, but then started lagging badly, and amazingly didn't hit anyone (I think), was contemplating getting out of the way but it settled down, got past Andre (I think) and started chasing Peter for the lead. Saw Yves coming up behind me, thought I may as well try and put up a fight before he inevitably passed me, in the end I managed to hold him off for a lap, until we went side-by-side into the first 'corner', I backed out, I don't think Yves realised the corner was his, and must have pushed a bit too hard and went off...the mighty Yves, defeated! (hehe).
    Managed to get past Peter, and lead an RD race for the first time, eventually I got caught and passed by Mark, then I ran out of talent and went off, dropping to 4th. Managed to hold on to the back of 2nd and 3rd, then on final lap got a good run on Peter, so good that I had to go offline and went off trying to avoid him, thankfully for me (and not so lucky for him), he ran out of fuel and I nabbed third place.

Great racing, really intense thanks!

16. Small field tonight guys, but these cars were a lot of fun. Thx all I really enjoyed the racing.

17. I only managed to do about three laps before quali on this track. So I was 10" off pace compared to Yves. By the way, thanks Yves for the setup. I only found it this morning so I raced my own, which was pretty allright. I'll check out yours anyway, you were so fast, man

Race 1: Got pushed off track unvoluntarily by Marco. Might have been my fault, wasn't too shure about the brakingpoints. Hit the wall, had to pit and rejoined one lap down. Finished 8th so started on pole in 2nd race.

Race 2: I was in the lead for a couple of laps while picking up a more rasonable pace. Gave all I had while the adrenaline was pumping :tongue:. Had great battles with Nik and Michael who was a lot faster than me. Was on my way to a podium-finish when I ran out of fuel on the last lap :redface:. Aaaaarrrrrgggghhhh :)

THanks for a pleasant event, everyone. Sometimes quality is more important than quantity.

18. sorry again for my wrong in race 1 Philip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.