1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

V8 Supercars 2011 @ Magny-Cours - Wednesday July 13th 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Yves Larose, Jul 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

2. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Server is up!

3. Hello,

I have a question. I want to be racing with you in the v8 supercars. I have the mod downloaded and installed. How do i know if it will work. The mod before the most recent one i had to adit some files to get online. Does anybody know if it will work instantly? If it does could you sign me up for this event? And my other question 19.00 gmt means 20.00 in the netherlands correct?Do i have to tell wich car i am driving?

Thanks for your answers to these questions and a good race all

greetings christiaan

4. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini
    Premium Member

Hi,
    you just need the 2 downloads above. The Aussie V8 Supercars mod + the 1.97.24 patch

Normaly you don't have to edit anything, just install them.

You can test out if everything is working by joining the server, Yves has already put it up.
    If you can join and nothing is showing up as "uknown", your good to go.

You have to chosse a 2011 car, but it's up to you which one you chosse ;)

Right under the Signup-List is a "Sign-in" button, just push that to sign yourself up to the event.

19 GMT should be 21.00 in the Netherlands http://www.wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/

5. Would have loved to play but dont have GTR :(

6. Oke thank you. I will test it out later this afternoon. If it works you will see me on track. thanks for your fast respons.

7. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

my bad i always thought Magny-cours came with GTR-Evo but in fact in came with Race 07 so your good to join.

8. EDIT: Sorry I'm out, not a fan of MC but I thought I'd give it a go anyway - needless to say I cannot keep it on the track for a whole lap, really infuriating...

9. Jempy

Jempy
    Premium Member

I 'd have liked to do this one, but I don't think to be there on time due to family obligations ...
    So, if I'm early enough, I'll sign in at the last moment and join in.
    Maybe but ... ?:frown:

10. Mark Gormley

Mark Gormley
    #14 | The Silent Killer

Just downloaded this mod, bit of a V8 baptism of fire for me this evening then :D

EDIT: Or not :( Get errors when extracting the file and have reached daily download limit. Oh well, hopefully next time.

11. Are there certain rules i have to follw? I read the rules section but i mean things like auto or manual. forced cockpit view etc.

12. Does anybidy know why i get the message booted as possible cheat? i installed the 2 mods as described

13. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

my guess is that you have another mod installed that conflict with the V8 Supercars mod, try deleting anyother mods that you have in the team folder, talent folder and in the sound folder in GameData.

14. just busy downloading hope i make in time

15. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini
    Premium Member

Thx for the racing, was a good one today :)

q: 1st / r: 2nd

16. Sorry gus but wrecked the Ford after 7 laps.
    I really like driving these cars, but prefer the 15 lap x2 races and not the one off long race.
    Thanks Yves for setting up.

17. Thanks everyone,

It was an enjoyable event yesterday. A limited grid but fun all along the track.
    I love these beasts. Very satisfying if you get it right but just unforgiving if you put a step outside the fast lane. A bit pittbull-ish. Look the other side and he bites off your hand.

I was able to stay in Chritiaan’s track for a reasonable time untill I did outbrake myself in the first hairpin. Had to avoid Christiaan and hit the wall. Suspension damaged and a front-left puncture. Stumbled into the pits and was able to regain 3rd untill another mistake made. Managed to end 4th with which I was happy.

Grats Yves and DIno, I’m still pretty much off pace but I won’t give up. One day … :)…maybe…:).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.