1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V8 Supercars 2011 @ Donington 2011 - Tuesday July 5th 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Yves Larose, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

2. Hello Yves

What are the actual lap time on this course with these cars, i'm not an expert and far from it but i enjoy racing even if i need to fight for 24th place :) .

3. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Denis i have no clue, the car never been run on that track and i haven't done any laps yet so i can't answer that question. sorry :frown:

4. no worries, was just curious, i am improving my laps, learning the track and the cars, yep i'm all new to these and enjoying the experience. :)

5. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

Denis, I'm only now downloading the mod and I'll get the track later. I won'y be able to drive a lap until tomorrow. Even though I'm a regular, I'm slow, I'm sure you'll have a good run

6. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n
    Premium Member

Is this Donington GP or National? I am not positive but after installing the 2011 I found both versions, one in "extra" and one in anotehr category Not sure if they are both the same track but it looks like they may be.

As far as lap times, once I know which layout it is I'll post it here. Take out 5 seconds from my time and you'll have your lap times :)

By the way, I just tried an AI race on the Donington 2011 and the AI are idiots. They come almost to a full stop at T1 so I am going to try the older layout to see if the AI is a bit better there.

7. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

it Donington GP BTW the server is up !

8. practicing as we speak...or write....anyways, i'm there ! :)

9. hope thats ok that i'm trying to join the server though? :confused:

10. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

yes it is Denis, putting up the server in advance is to allow people to get some online praccy and hopefully with others. helps makes friends and get advice from other more experience drivers.

11. maybe, please! :)

12. Yves maybe i did something wrong but, i was able to get in but never had a chance to even choose a car and got boot out, tried a few more times, log and got boot out...hmmm...:confused:

Really hope i didnt do something wrong and can be part of the race event tonight.

Update: Yep, i get booted for suspicion of cheating :rolleyes: and i do get to choose a car it is once i am in the garage and it's loading that i get boot out. Let me know what i should do to correct the situation, very sorry, i'm really all new to this.

13. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

first thing to do Denis is tto manually delete all the files of the mod, then maybe move to another location on your hard drive all other mods installed in Race 07 cause some can conflicts with other. then download the mods from the top post and reinstall then try to join the server, it should work like a charm.

14. Ok thanks, i'll try that, right now i can't as it is saying i download the daily limite, will wait this PM maybe i'll be able to downlaod it again.

15. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

16. still getting that i download the daily limite, well i was able to start it but then the file got corrupted...it's almost like some super power does not want me to race for some reason tonight...ugghh...i'll wait, need to go back at work.

17. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n
    Premium Member

One easy way I found to deal with Race 07 issues like yours is to rename the "gamedata" folder to something else (I use "gamedata(original)")
    Then in most cases Ijust have to install the mod again and it will work just fine. In some cases you may have to recreate the "Location" folder if the track doesn;t come with the full file structure, but many do. Once you are done, just rename the original folder to "Gamedata" and the one you created "Gamedata-modname". You can keep it around for the next time you need to use it.

By the way, so far it doesn't look like it did a lot of good, but I posted about this race at Nogrip and anotehr couple of forums asking for drivers.

18. well i was still unable to download it, so found it on another site and got that file, cleared all mod, got that one in with the patch and still got booted out. I will try some more but looks like i'll drop out of this race if i can't make it on time.
    sorry

19. Dariusz Swiderski

Dariusz Swiderski
    Premium Member

The easiest thing to do is to win.rar or zip any other mods you may have in you GameData\Teams folder, always keep only 1 active mod ( the one you going to race with ) and pack all the others. When you need different mod just simply unzip it and off you go. That way you will have no conflicts. :)

20. Ya I'm also getting kicked as cheating, had no problems on Vitus with the V8's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.