V8 Supercar, how is it?

Hi.

I've used iRacing on 2 previous occasions. 1st when they did the pre release roll out for a few months. Then I went back again last year for a 3month stint and enjoyed most of my time there.

Due to lack of finances I've only got the stock content (although atleast the MX-5's and the street stock have been added), but my main reason for wanting another crack is to drive the V8 Supercar.

Basically I'm wanting someone to convince me that she'll be worth popping down the money for it:).

Any thoughts from owners of the V8 Supercar?

Cheers,

Phil.

It has more power than handling which is unusual for a race car, so drivers are always surprised by it.

Also they have steel brakes as opposed to carbon.

Yea i guess you have to learn how to cope with the weight and it will start dissappearing when you know how to move it from point a to point b ;) But still, watched a Qual lap of Bathurst and we would crash if we tried driving it like that.
Can´t remember his name but i did a new record i think. very young guy, a prodigy kinda.

Ok, doesn´t really matter because we don´t even have brake fade lol

The V8 is awesome fun, just finished my first season in it, not very fast but had loads of fun. Making some videos of my races, here's a couple for you to see how a not very fast driver does in this car :)

The V8 is awesome fun, just finished my first season in it, not very fast but had loads of fun. Making some videos of my races, here's a couple for you to see how a not very fast driver does in this car :)

no trees in cockpit view? (second video)

try changing this line in renderer.ini "ATIAdaptiveAAFix=0" to "ATIAdaptiveAAFix=1"
or use multisampling instead of adaptive AA

Yea i can see i forgot completely wrong lol. Sorry but i don´t follow the sport even though i would like to :)

It´s Shane Van Gisbergen i thought and this was the clip i watched, it was thanks to the video provided by Ryan here and i noticed Van Gisbergens name. He´s 21 to so i got that right atleast ;)

Well I got my PC sorted out. Fresh Windows install etc and iRacing is up and running:good:.

Only managed to get half an hour with the car yesterday, but I think she'll be one of my favs. She is challenging to drive, but the power application seems quite natural. Thought I'd find it harder to get out of corners, but I'm managing better than I thought. It also rides curbs pretty well, but does get tipped up on 2 wheels if your over aggressive, but i kinda like that. The braking distances are quite large, but again I'm comfortable with that. The only thing I want to do something about is braking power. In Race On I can lower the braking power % so that I can use more of my brake pedals travel to get max force. Where as now I'm locking up after pressing my pedal half way down to where I'd like it. Is there any setting in iRacing in the Configuration where I can do something similar?

Thanks for all your opinions. I'm glad I tried the car and hope to get more time with it soon:).

Yea i can see i forgot completely wrong lol. Sorry but i don´t follow the sport even though i would like to :)

It´s Shane Van Gisbergen i thought and this was the clip i watched, it was thanks to the video provided by Ryan here and i noticed Van Gisbergens name. He´s 21 to so i got that right atleast ;)

That video is just awesome! The way he just throws that car round Bathurst is insane. Love it! Btw i have raced with him in the skippy came 4th and he won a while back.

http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/EventResult.do?&subsessionid=2959800&custid=27602

For the record, I just asked Shane Van Gisbergen what he thought of V8 Supercars in iRacing...
His answer was pretty straight forward...
"To be honest, it's not even close"

Asked him about the rfactor version. It is better (not that yet, but better) :)

For the record, I just asked Shane Van Gisbergen what he thought of V8 Supercars in iRacing...
His answer was pretty straight forward...
"To be honest, it's not even close"

I'm not surprised he said that. Even to someone who just watches a lot of the real series it's obvious the inputs required to drive it don't match what they do in the real cars in the slightest. They can also attack the tracks much harder in the real thing.

I really hope the new tyre model will sort out a lot of the iRacing V8's problems. It's a car I want to love.

Yeah I think the tire model is the week link. The car does seem a little slippery, but I'm finding I can be quite aggressive with it the more confident with the car I get. I'm really starting to enjoy driving this car even though I'm all alone in testing!!

Right now I'm decided between this and the vet. May wind up getting both, but with NO ONE ever on the V8, I may just go with the Vet. I have driven the V8's in rFactor and didn't like it so much. Seemed like I would spend more time just pounding down that brake pedal than I did actually on the gas.

Also, very cool that Shane is on iRacing and that you guys have both raced and talked with him. Not so cool that he says the real V8 is nothing like it... Isn't iRacing supposed to be 'spot' on?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back