V8 Supercar 4 Sim Audio Comparison

M D Gourley

Premium
I thought I would do a basic Audio comparison between the V8 Supercars in the 4 Sims I have, pCARS, Game Stockcar Extreme, rFactor 2, and iRacing and also using the classic combination Track 'Bathurst' in Australia.

The Audio of the Supercars does vary considerably in each Sim from Cockpit audio to external audio in replays...so depending on your PC's audio set up, I personally prefer Reiza's GSCE audio with their Super V8 in Cockpit view and rFactor 2's 'FVR V8 Supercar' coming in a close 2nd.
What is Reiza's new 'Automobilista Audio going to be like...if GSCE is anything to go by...it's going to be awesome

Sim racing footage recorded with FRAPS then edited in Cyberlink Power Director 11 Ultra.

What is Reiza's new 'Automobilista Audio going to be like...if GSCE is anything to go by...it's going to be awesome

I think people are expecting waaaaaay too much from AMS. This isnt some new game that has been in develpment for 5 yrs. It's just a repackaged SCE in 2016 that has all of the crowdfunding campaign features/content, and some additional improvements to AI, tracks being updated, etc.

Maybe the sound will be better, but I doubt it. Hasnt been talked about at all as far as I know in the backer forum. :p

That said, Reiza's version of the Super V8 sounds amazing to me. One of the best sounding cars in sim-racing personally. And I would have to say that pCARS version is easily one of the worst in sim-racing. Sounds like a digitized vacuum on par with GT.

I think people are expecting waaaaaay too much from AMS.
Although that's the case for sure, i think the little changes that will be made (especially talking graphics here) will give it a bit of a different vibe.

But ya, i absolutely love the sound of the V8s in SCE.
To me the Marcas sound horrible, but for most of the cars i love the sounds and usually turn the volume a little bit up :D

Although that's the case for sure, i think the little changes that will be made (especially talking graphics here) will give it a bit of a different vibe.

But ya, i absolutely love the sound of the V8s in SCE.
To me the Marcas sound horrible, but for most of the cars i love the sounds and usually turn the volume a little bit up :D
first time I heard Marcas I though there is a bug .. well they sound that terrible in real life :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 140 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 381 39.7%