1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

V8 steering wheel

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by oppolo, Feb 5, 2013.

1. what is this for? maybe is it the clutch?

[​IMG]

2. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka
    The downforce is strong with this one.

Could be a radio "button" (paddle).

3. I think it´s a release for the steering wheel

4. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

? :)

5. I believe it's an optional hand-release for the clutch, which is a team/driver dependent option in real life. There were going to be a few variant steering wheels ingame to reflect this (with some different grips and with/without the paddle) but they didn't quite happen for varying reasons. The steering wheel release is at the end of the extension barrel nearest the dash and can be seen in the Rubens photo Mario posted, and is pretty much the standard quick-release mechanism you'll find on most racing cars.[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. how in real life they drive these cars? right foot on throttle and left foot on brake? or left foot only for clutch?

7. Up to the driver. In Australian V8 Supercars, almost all drivers are right foot braking (so left = clutch only)

8. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka

It could be clutch indeed. Left foot braker would have hard time not to stall engine in emergecy stops, so maybe some driver needs hand clutch. Could be good for starts as well.

I've seen paddles on steering wheels that had another function than shifting. Usually for radio.

9. Good to see a picture of a steering wheel that actually looks like it's being well used! The F1 wheels always look new and shiny, and seem to be discarded before they get a mark on them. :)