1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V8 @ Interlagos - Monday 26th November 2012

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Club & Leagues' started by Scott Webber, Nov 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Event Details
    Mod: Stock Car V8
    Tracks: Interlagos GP

Time Schedule
    All times are in GMT. The server will be open on race day for online free practice
    • 19:00 Practice
    • 19:30 Qualification
    • 19:50 Warming up
    • 20:00 Race 40 Minute Race
    Server password: click here
    Racing rules: click here

Entry List
    Leave a comment in the thread below if you wish to be signed up. Signing up means we expect you to be present of course.
    1. Bill Devery
    2. Matej Lakota
    3. Sven-Arne Andersson
    4. Guus Verver
    5. Kimi Asumaniemi
    6. Claes Axelsson
    7. Driver
    8. Driver
    9. Driver
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Driver
    26. Driver
    27. Driver
    28. Driver
    29. Driver
    30. Driver
    31. Driver
    32. Driver
    33. Driver
    34. Driver
    35. Driver
    36. Driver
    37. Driver
    38. Driver
    39. Driver
    40. Driver
  2. Yep-idi-do-da, yep-idi-day,
    my-oh-my, i want to sign up to-day.

...please ;)

40 minute race kids. Tyre wear will be important me thinks.
  3. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota
    Sriple Tix Premium Member

Sign me up, please.
  4. Sign me up please ... though I haven't driven a single lap on this track yet. :)
  5. Hi. Sign me up, too.
  6. hehe, you better get practicing then, these cars are very nice to drive on this track :)
    • Like Like x 1
  7. sign me up please, these cars are awesome
  8. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Test server (without password) is up for everybody to practice.
  9. I didn't have time to practice. Sign me out please. :(
  10. I'm in here!
  11. Alberto Casado

Alberto Casado
    Premium Member

Not possible for me today :(
  12. Sign me up!
  13. Official Server is up!
  14. Sven-Arne Andersson

Sven-Arne Andersson
    Premium Member

Sign me up please. :)
  15. Hi. Sorry guys, I have so much work that I cannot participate. Please sign me out! Thank you and have a good race.
  16. Thanks for the race guys :)
    6 peeps with this awesome car and track was a little disappointing but as it turned out we were all pretty close in speed so it promised to be a good one.

Race report and Vid later...
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Only 6 people is dissapointing, but it was still a nice race.
    I had some battles with Kimi early on, but after passing me on the start/finish straight he caught me off guard by braking a bit early. I was afraid I was going to hit him so I went to the outside but I hit a bit of grass and went off. I managed to recover and end up just behind Claes and we had some nice battles.
    Grats on the win Kimi, you were just out of reach you consistent bastard.
    & Matej shame you crashed on the 1st lap :(

Thanks for racing guys, I hope more people will turn up next time.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota
    Sriple Tix Premium Member

Well, my race ended in 2nd turn of 40 min. race :( , when I tried to avoid the car, which came from my left side and after that, I smashed my #11 on the wall. Bad, bad start from my side, a lot of fast guys around me and pure racing accident. Not happy, but what can I do :)? It is good, I didn`t collect anybody with me. Grats all and cya next time.

Guus, grats for your qualy time and really too bad, I crashed so early :(.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Great car and great track! Really enjoyed it!

So 3rd on the qualifying, that was good!

Matej got a bad start so I was 2nd on the first corner! Sadly on the second corner Matej hit the wall hard and retired, dunno what's happened there. But then me and Guus had great racing for 2 laps, I passed Guus on the main straight, then he made a mistake at braking and went wide. I was leading now but Bill was right behind me. Slowly started to make gap to him. But then apparently he crashed and retired. Now I was able to control the race, so I saved tires and fuel, and made no mistakes. And took the win!

Thank you and see you again! :)
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Sorry guys, no Video this time. Trying to record the replay with Fraps but it uses sooo much memory. My laptop hasn't got much left and halfway through Lap 1 it starts to go all choppy. I wish Afterburner worked with this game but alas it doesn't.

Q: 18.5XX and 4th. Was very happy with my time as i had little practise. Pole was a high 17 from memory with places 2-5 all separated by a tenth or less between each. Close...
    R: Good start. 1st, 3rd and 5th also good starts but Matej in 2nd had a "Mark Webber" start. Sven-Arne in 6th a steady start. I slipped into 3rd by T1, ran just a touch wide T2 had to back out of it a split second so lost a little momentum. The replay showed Matej kept his foot in behind me and moved right to come around my outside with better momentum but lost control :(
    Don't remember much more, i was very tired. So tired in fact that approaching the half way mark of the race and in 2nd, going up the hill long straight approacing the finish line i simply understeered and smacked into the right side wall before the pits because i was blanking out and forgot to turn with the track. Then i bounced across to the left and bang again...broken suspension then blew my engine. Just before this i started to lose seconds per lap to Kimi the leader by eratic driving. Oh well, a good lesson for the kids out there..."Fatigue and speed is deadly".

Congrats to Kimi for the win, thanks to all who raced and to RD for putting the show on ;)
    Until next time boys, "Sayonara".
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.