Resource icon

Misc V8 hybrid sound mod 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
is there any way to edit the volume of the sound files?
I can't seem to find a volume flag or anything like that in the BDL files. Short of making brand new BDLs (which I couldn't get working), I don't see any other way to alter the volume levels.

Can you do the original sounds like real life?

Do you mean the same pitch like 2006-2013 V8s? I could probably pitch up the sound as an optional variant of this mod. Do keep in mind this mod was intended to simulate turbocharged V8s with a rev limiter set to around 15-16000RPM similar to the Ford V8 used by Benetton in 1994.

I can't seem to find a volume flag or anything like that in the BDL files. Short of making brand new BDLs (which I couldn't get working), I don't see any other way to alter the volume levels.

Do you mean the same pitch like 2006-2013 V8s? I could probably pitch up the sound as an optional variant of this mod. Do keep in mind this mod was intended to simulate turbocharged V8s with a rev limiter set to around 15-16000RPM similar to the Ford V8 used by Benetton in 1994.
Please make high pitching sounds

If you want the sound of a 20000RPM V8, I'll update this mod with two variants you can choose from. I will maintain the existing 15000RPM V8 sound and add in 20000RPM V8s on the side. You can then decide which of the two you want (or mix and match as you see fit).

If you want the sound of a 20000RPM V8, I'll update this mod with two variants you can choose from. I will maintain the existing 15000RPM V8 sound and add in 20000RPM V8s on the side. You can then decide which of the two you want (or mix and match as you see fit).
Yes please but maybe would be better if you would make 19 000 RPM because it would be more realistic

Do you mean the same pitch like 2006-2013 V8s? I could probably pitch up the sound as an optional variant of this mod. Do keep in mind this mod was intended to simulate turbocharged V8s with a rev limiter set to around 15-16000RPM similar to the Ford V8 used by Benetton in 1994.[/QUOTE]
no no, this season's original sound

Ace9921 submitted a new resource:

V8 hybrid sound mod - Replaces the V6 hybrid sounds for the 2017 cars with V8 hybrids

Read more about this resource...
seems to be good but as you can produce these sounds you might know a lot about the f1 2017 programming. I´d like to have one of your sounds on exatly one of the f1 cars but because each team in the game uses an engine from ferrari, renault, mercedes or honda i can´t change the bdl file without changing the sound of the other teams that use the engine (honda is an exception but i don´t want honda :D). Maybe you can help me with my little problem a solution would be great.

seems to be good but as you can produce these sounds you might know a lot about the f1 2017 programming. I´d like to have one of your sounds on exatly one of the f1 cars but because each team in the game uses an engine from ferrari, renault, mercedes or honda i can´t change the bdl file without changing the sound of the other teams that use the engine (honda is an exception but i don´t want honda :D). Maybe you can help me with my little problem a solution would be great.

If you want to give a specific sound to one of the cars, keep in mind that F1 2017 looks to have a limit on how many different BDLs it can load. I tried to add BDL files to give the R26 and MP4-13 different sounds (R26 is off-pitch and the MP4-13 doesn't sound right at all), but if I gave both of them new sounds, the game would constantly crash when loading a race. The limit looks to be 12 BDL files; that's how many there are in the bundles folder though one of them is unused (v10_judd_classic.bdl). If all you want to do is to add one extra sound, you could either overwrite that sound with one of my files or give it its own file name.
Next, in order for a car to be assigned this BDL file, you need to open the car's ERP and extract the car's carmodel.layer.json file. Taking the 2017 McLaren MCL32 as an example, you would need to change this line within the AudioF1Car block:

"bundleName": "stri honda_2017.bdl"

Say your file is named honda_v8.bdl, you would replace honda_2017.bdl by honda_v8.bdl and the game would grab audio from that file for the car's engine.

At the same time, if you want to fully eliminate the V6 hybrid sound from the 2017 cars, depending on whether you want a V8, a V10 or a V12, you would need to alter this line in that same block, again using McLaren as an example:

"switchName": "stri McLaren"

For a V8, you would replace McLaren with c_ferrai_07, c_mclaren_08, c_redbull_10 or c_renault_06. For V10 or V12 engines, it's c_ferrari_02, c_ferrari_04, c_mclaren_98, c_williams_92 or c_williams_96 for V10s and c_ferrari_95 or c_mclaren_91 for V12s.

I plan on releasing an update to the V8 hybrid sound mod with this addition to eliminate the rest of the V6 hybrid sounds, although there is a side-effect to using this: the turbocharger is nowhere near as loud as it would normally be and I don't really know how to increase the volume of the underlying turbocharger sound on the 2017 cars. Until I can figure that out, I will not release the update.

Codemasters did something since patch 1.05 that completely messes up the downshift sounds. Take a look at the F1 2018 work-in-progress thread and you will see the problem I'm dealing with that is postponing the launch of this mod for the game.
While you could dump the files for the F1 2017 version of the mod directly into the audio folder and rename the bdl files to *engine_manufacturer*_2018.bdl from *engine_manufacturer*_2017.bdl, you're going to hit the messed up downshift issue I'm dealing with.

Teaches how to compress music to bnk. Well, I can only extract the songs, but I can't put them in the original extension that is the game's bnk. The folder with these files is audio / soundbanks.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%