Using Wheel damper?

Msportdan

@Simberia
Has anyone tried this?I know its a forsaken rule to use damper in sims. But ive been messing wiht about 30% damper (json resistance coefficent) (100% profiler) and it feels much more like a real car it takes away the springey feel to the wheel, and also makes it feel like your on rubber. Also with a min force about 3% I still feel details and not clip.

Has anyone tried this?

Ok, well then this whole discussion has been at 50% input.
Still, rF2 feels a lot better with the Dampening slider set at 0%.
iRacing doesn't seem to care (but its ingame Damper is set at 0% too in my case).
Assetto Corsa is undrivable with slider at 0%.
And R3E works well with 100% as well as 0%, however it does alter the feel of the FFB in game. Just not as pronounced.

These are my testing results and if anything, the results just add to the confusion.

So I think I've figured out the missing elements for IndyCar and Formula Renault. Both need higher car-specific multipliers (0.7-0.75 on my CSWv2) due to different FFB scaling and turning up the Formula Renault caster gave it the extra center feel that wasn't there.

I am using Win 10.
Latest Fanatec drivers.

Go into your Game Controllers menu in Windows, select the CSW and press Properties. This will open the Fanatec control panel.
You can also update the firmware on the wheel from here.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back