• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

using track editor for flight simulation

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by amigoface, Mar 28, 2011.

1. amigoface

amigoface

Ratings:
    +0
    hi

is it possible to adapt the track builder to make models for flight simulations
    that include runways/ taxiways ... and such objects

then export the result to a 3d model software like blender for more modeling and texturing

thanks and good day

2. Dzalud

Dzalud

Ratings:
    +0
    yes it's possible - you can export your project in directx (X files) and import these files in 3DS max with PandaXport ..or other importer for this files :)

3. amigoface

amigoface

Ratings:
    +0
    good ...

one remaining question :

- does the exporter export the complete track, i mean 3d models/textured/.... etc ?

4. martinez

martinez

Ratings:
    +14
    Some free versions of 3dSimed can't import .X files. You can then export the track to rFactor and import gmt's. You will recognise track, terrain, walls, objects and S-objects by file names. The other way is to export in parts - especially objects - you would have to delete some of them from btb temporarily to avoid quesing which ones you take. 3dSimed recognises textures, but for using them later in Max, I suggest to name the textures in 8.3 format at the beginning.

5. martinez

martinez

Ratings:
    +14
    I just got the message from the good people that it's 100% better to import from rFactor gmt's - this way you can repair broken strings from materials in Max! When you import .X to 3dSimed - it's a trap... :)