• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Using "alt" button for gear chage?

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by RossoNeri89, Sep 7, 2011.

1. RossoNeri89

RossoNeri89

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,
    I've been palying F1 challenge and rFactor for years now, and I always used the right and left alt button for gear up and down. I was very sad, when I experienced, that in F1 2010 you cannot do this for some reason. I would like to ask you, if any of you know a configuration program, where I can set this up?

2. RossoNeri89

RossoNeri89

Ratings:
    +0
    no idea? :(
    maybe there is a config file somewhere that I can edit?

3. Lenard Schaeffler

Lenard Schaeffler

Ratings:
    +30
    Buy a wheel?

4. RossoNeri89

RossoNeri89

Ratings:
    +0
    I have, and not even a bad one, but I am lazy to set it up always if I want to go some laps.
    Really no config program for this? :(

5. Atanas Penchev

Atanas Penchev

Ratings:
    +1
    It is really hard to control with keyboard all this Acceleration/Break/Gearbox/Menus for changing tires/wings.
    Maybe if you are licensed typist you will be ok.Rofl. But i tried this and is almost near to science fiction. My suggestion is buy a wheel and you'll be happy :).GL.

6. RossoNeri89

RossoNeri89

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah, as I mentioned before, I have a wheel, a quite good wheel (Thrustmaster Ferrari F1), but I don't want to install it (I mean put to my desk, connect pedals, etc.) When I have time for 10 minutes I dont want to do all of this, just play. That's the situation when I use keyboard, and I've already learnt that combination from Gp3-Gp4-rFactor, what I use, but now I cant in F1 2010. Thats why I need a config file hack for using the alt buttons to change gears up and down.

7. Paul Lock

Paul Lock

Ratings:
    +483
    Go into the keyboard.xml file in your Actionmap folder. Find the line for gear up / gear down, and change the key to "win_key_alt"

Not sure exactly, but it could be "win_key_lalt" and "win_key_ralt" or just "win_key_alt" and "win_key_altgr".

You will need to be using the default keyboard in game for this to work.

8. RossoNeri89

RossoNeri89

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the tutorial! I tried both versions, unfortunately with no success. in both case the game tells: "unassigned" :( I have no idea, why the game creators deleted this option :S

9. Paul Lock

Paul Lock

Ratings:
    +483
    Sorry to hear that - it was a best guess!

10. RossoNeri89

RossoNeri89

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree, and thanks for the reply! I hope in 2012 it is possible.