Using a gamepad?

Hey!

I was a fan of the other truck sim games but always had to use my wheel with them. I moved house for uni a few months ago and left my wheel back home, so I was wondering if you can actually use a pad with this game?

I tried using one with the UK Truck Sim but the axis wouldnt work properly, it wouldnt let me assign the triggers (xbox pad) as both accelerator and brake at the same time so I never got it working.

Hi Adam,
I have been playing the demo for a few weeks now on and off using only the 360 wired pad. I have remapped the keys to the pad as I wanted them.

For example I changed the shoulder buttons on the pad to use as the indicators. I had to slightly mess with the deadzone's to get the steering to feel just right but this only took a couple of minutes if that.

Cruise control is also remapped to my pad's B button.

I have downloaded the demo version. I have a Xbox PC joypad which works well with another simulator but I cannot get it to work with ETS2. I am loathed to buy the full program until I can satisfactorily use my joypad
Should it work without any input? There appears to be 3 different screens for programming the Joypad. Could someone in the know give me a step by step description on how to program the joypad. At the moment I can turn the qwheeels left but not right andwhilst teh unit creeps forward on start up I cannot make it go forward or backwards. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for that. Everything now working OK other than I cannot make the steering turn right. So still cannot use it. Do not know the reason why as the same joystick works the steering fine on another sim so it cannot be the controller.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 198 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 259 13.5%