• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Using 3DSimED3 with AMS

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by Littlefysh, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Littlefysh

Littlefysh

Ratings:
    +1
    I want to start off by saying that I've looked for a goodly while for anything to help. What I want to do is use 3dsimed to create liveries for existing cars. Could somebody please direct me to, or write a step-by-step guide on importing a model and livery, and exporting a model and livery up to the point of it being usable in AMS.

Thankyou in advance for the help.

Regards
    Littlefysh

2. muzarati

muzarati

Ratings:
    +28
    Not that I do skins but as far as I know, you don't need to use 3dsimed to do skins, you don't need to import the model either? I think you just need the car template and a graphics program like Photoshop or Gimp or the likes?

3. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness

Ratings:
    +664
    I started out and i have done many many of my skins just using Photoshop and the in game showroom spinner... thats all you need and can get by pretty well with that. i have never used 3dsimed, so i cant actually answer you :) but give you hope that it is easily possible without it

• Like Like x 1
  4. Littlefysh

Littlefysh

Ratings:
    +1
    Thankyou, through trial and error and other sources I have managed to work it out. I really appreciate the help, especially from a painter like you!

Again thankyou, and all the best,
    Littlefysh

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness

Ratings:
    +664
    No problem. In the end with a lot of help from a friend I ended being able to use 3D max to view progress. Lol. Thinking back a lot of my early paints done on the spinner I didn't even know u could zoom in on the cars lol. How exciting it was to be told how to enable and use the zoom

• Like Like x 2