And Sainz is 55..
But anyway they need to start treating the track beyond the limits like they treat the white lines in tennis or football IMO, you go off track to gain advantage you get a drive through.
Anyway I do hope that the people obsess I ng over this still watched the MotoGP at the weekend..... If you don't also follow MotoGP I feel sorry for you....

Look there are 6 cars/drivers with a huge performance gap to the rest. Max was great but he accomplished no more than I thought. Any of the 6 have proven they can go from the back to the top 6 (barring DNFs) and we have seen it over and over again this season. So for me it was Sainz in a car he had not set foot or bottom in before Friday practice.

Quoting the Article 27.3 of the 2017 sporting regulations:

"Drivers will be judged to have left the track if no part of the car remains in contact with it and, for the avoidance of doubt, any white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track but the kerbs are not".
coolguys white line.JPG

For example, how would you call it when Vettel at the start of the race in turn one where he obvious takes advantage by leaving the track and going wide as possible to lose as little of his speed and thus gaining a position. And that was just the first few seconds of the race... :)

You must be watching a different video to me

See: race highlights video
https://www.formula1.com/en/video.html

He never got a advantage it was his corner and you can clearly see @ 0:13 all 4 wheels inside the line ? ;)

People got so used to Hamilton's domination that he hardly gets any vote after beating Vettel fair and square.
The Mercedes was much, much better than the Ferrari this weekend (in fact, so was the Red Bull). He just cruised home once he built a gap. There's no contest right now, and Bottas being unable to handle the car means absolutely nothing for the car at the front of the pack.

qwGkzdv
qwGkzdv.png
This was Verstappen all day during qualifying. He was the only one going this wide at turn 19 over and over again. Charlie brought him back in line after that ish he pulled on raikonnen.

The Mercedes was much, much better than the Ferrari this weekend (in fact, so was the Red Bull). He just cruised home once he built a gap. There's no contest right now, and Bottas being unable to handle the car means absolutely nothing for the car at the front of the pack.
There's a rumor that Hamilton's mercedes has been running a better spec in comparison to Bottas after the summer. With hamilton only needing a 5th place finish next race to win the title, will mercedes update Bottas's car to match Hamilton's? I guess we'll see come mexico. Obviously, this is all speculation.

There's a rumor that Hamilton's mercedes has been running a better spec in comparison to Bottas after the summer. With hamilton only needing a 5th place finish next race to win the title, will mercedes update Bottas's car to match Hamilton's? I guess we'll see come mexico. Obviously, this is all speculation.
It certainly wouldn't surprise me, but then I'm surprised they felt the need to do that seeing as the Mercedes has been far and away the (much) faster car this second half of the season, especially after the oil burn ban. Particularly with Vettel's car failures and Verstappen running into him, if the rumors are true, then I reckon they should've already given Bottas whatever upgrades they could at COTA, because now he has almost no chance of finishing 2nd in the championship.

I guess the outside line was agreed to be the limit as it is often the case in some tracks.
I've read somewhere that Verstappen was actually warned about this before the race and that he did go over what the stewards saw as being the limit. That's probably why they had an eye on him in the race.

I voted for LH. Sure Max did a great job but I think all the pressure was on Lewis, one derp here and the title race would be back on. He slipped at the start, but his overtake on Seb came out of nowhere, from miles away, a full on Danny Ric pass. His tyre management to keep the lead and only one stop I think was masterful.

I've read somewhere that Verstappen was actually warned about this before the race and that he did go over what the stewards saw as being the limit. That's probably why they had an eye on him in the race.
Then why not give another penalty on qualy laps. Inconsistency is again the issue, not the fact someone went over a marking

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back