"USB Modem and the online racing" ... advice needed

Ihab Abbas

Premium
Hello Gents,:cool:

I will going to move to my new home at Washington DC and still have no internet providers there yet as this process will take about 5 weeks to be
Installed in my home as it is just need constructed.

So I am asking if the air cards known as"USB modem" by Verizon or sprint could do the connection well, as I will go for one month plan until I get the new cable Internet service, and I am looking for the 5 Gigabits plan from Verizon, Is it good and enough to allow me to do my races online at RD as I will have the RDLMS and TDGTC, or should I go for the 10 Gigabits plan as I have 2 laptops for me and my wife?

I really need that advice.

I'm not certain of mobile broadband speeds in the US but it's unlikely that it will be suitable for online gaming.

Also you will go waaay over the bandwidth limit by gaming with it. Hugely expensive.

I have 2 rounds with RDGTC and one round with RDLMS with that period of time until the end of December, I will not use the USB modem to download movies or songs and I will limit the youtube useage as will as the facebook, mainly I will use the device for racing and yahoo messenger and browse some websites, and al so I can go for the 10 GB for that month.

Gaming in short: no
Mobile broadband might be fast, but still it will have high pings and possible disconnection as it relies on the same cellular mast that mobile phones use

Other uses. yes it can and 10 GB is good enough if you limit on low quality youtube videos and such ;)

if using vista or windows 7, then you can always monitor data usage with a desktop gadget tool called netmeter2

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 309 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 206 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 156 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.6%