F1 2011 Usage of intermediates and wets. When?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi!

I would appreciate a little bit of help on this matter. I´m at Silverstone now, starting P6 in my Williams, 50% race. Around lap 14, it starts raining, a few drops at the beginning, for about 5 minutes, then more intensively. My strategy is 3 pit stops: options, primes and options. (I intend not to use the last set of options as it will be quite wet). But once it starts raining (at that moment I´m with primes), I really don´t know when to stop to change tyres again, and if I must go for intermediates or with wets. How much wet is wet enough to go for full wet tyres? I´ve tried once with them, but I guess it wasn´t wet enough, as I got blistering in just one lap. And if I go with intermediates, by the end of the race the car is undrivable cause it´s too wet. And if I make 4 pit stops, I loose all my chances as it seems the AI is able to make only 3 ( on legend). So please! What should I do?

Thanx for the help!

Yes, Inters are best to be used when it is really getting wet. I made the mistake to take them 1 lap too soon, and it was really bad for my speed and the tyres, because of overheating.
Use inters when you really see drops on your screen, and maybe a bit of dry line on the road. Use the full wet tyres when it is reaning steady and pretty hard, and you don't see any dry line anymore.

I once made 2 pitstops in 4 laps at Spa because of this.|
It began dry, but after the 4th lap it began to rain a bit. So I pitted for Inters. In the 8th lap it was raining so much that I needed to get to the full wet tyres. Conditions can change that fast, and I really like this feature of the game.

Ok thanx! I finally managed to end the race. I was on primes when it started to rain, around lap 14 or 15 of 26. I stayed on primes till really started to skid on tight turns, then went for intermediates on lap 18 or 19 I think. All the others went on intermediates also 1 lap after myself. On lap 24 I had to go for wet tyres, as with the intermediates didn´t work anymore, it was like driving with slicks. I thought my race was lost, but on lap 25, everyone else pitted to get wet tyres also, so I finished 1st with Vettel on my heels at 0.3 secs.

Now looking into Nurburgring, as it looks I´ll have another wet race! Lol!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back